Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Currencies and Emerging Markets (CEM) Exotics & Hybrids is a multi-asset class trading desk focussed on providing clients with widely traded and bespoke derivatives on client requirements.
The Desk operates in markets across EMEA & LATAM with a primary focus on EM Rates.
As a Middle Office Trading Services Analyst, you'll be responsible for understanding trading structures to accurately capture all transactions, complete reconciliation checks, and ensure controls are performed.
- Timely and accurate capture of all transactions in the Risk Management Systems
- Complete intraday / end-of-day processes including completeness and reconciliation checks to ensure capture of new trading activity and general book management has been processed accurately
- Work closely with Operations functions and infrastructure groups to support a ‘one team approach’
- Ensure all controls are diligently performed, completed, and signed-off on a timely basis
- Clear and concise communication with all support teams to ensure the timely and efficient resolution of queries
- Participate and contribute to the various strategic initiatives; keep improving and evolving processes and business architecture
- Build an in-depth understanding of all trading structures from both a financial and operational perspective
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Understand all relevant derivatives and hedging products (Interest Rate Swaps, Basis Swaps, Cross Currency swaps, Forward Rate Agreement (FRA), FX Spot, FX Forwards, FX Options, Bonds, Futures, Repos and CDS)
- Knowledge of the front to back Operations process (including the key elements such as confirmations, settlements, regulatory reporting) and facilitate issue resolution across teams
- Understand the key elements of other infrastructure groups (i.e. Finance, Market risk, Credit risk, Operational risk, Legal, Collateral etc.) and recognize the impact of the actions of the Trade support team on these areas
- Must have clear communication skills and an ability to use these to work collaboratively, explain, and challenge, as appropriate
- Attention to details and sense of ownership
- Great team player able to work in a pressurized and changing environment
- Possess strong analytical and numerical skills
- Strong problem-solving, control, and project management skills
- Strong technical skills, especially in Excel (VBA is a plus)