Cyber Security Data Assurance – Data Retention & Destruction - Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
CTC Data Assurance – Data Retention & Destruction Director: Tools and Metrics
Description of Role
Responsible for ensuring LOB/CF execution related to all aspects of the Firmwide Data Retention and Destruction Governance (DRDG) with a specific focus on the Tools and Metrics related to Retention and Destruction. Must support effective LOB/CF input processes for technical solutions and Data Retention and Destruction Management planning.
DRDG focuses on design and oversight to ensure each LOB/CF remains on track to succeed with adherence to the Retention and Destruction Polices and Standards. This oversight includes:
- Well thought out project plans
- Strong stakeholder participation and engagement
- Periodic input from Compliance to ensure Policy alignment and compliance
- Metrics to demonstrate progress
- Regular assessments of risks and issues
- Critically evaluate proposed solutions
- Utilize risk-based approaches in developing the rollout schedule
- Define and develop the overall Technology approach to Retention and Destruction across all data stores and related tools
- Drive defining project requirements and deliverables for Retention and Destruction Tools and Metrics by identifying, driving and participating in project milestones and phases, as well as specific action items.
- Determine recommendations and strategy respective to related initiatives, including translating analysis and results into business Data Retention and Destruction Management Strategy.
- Coordinate the execution activities of the Data Retention and Destruction Program across Tools and Metrics development
- Communicate with senior management regarding project progress and recommendations/decisions. Develop effective presentations and project update materials suitable for senior executives.
- Actively participate and collaborate in workstream meetings and ad hoc working sessions including driving agendas, preparing meeting minutes and keeping track of agreed actions.
- Monitor the details and status of project and escalate and resolve any project issues in an efficient manner.
- Proven track record of strong project management delivery; Data Risk Management experience preferred
- Experience of defining an overall Tools Strategy and implementation framework
- Experience of developing Metrics to measure program progress, compliance with requirements, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate complex ideas, concepts, and solutions at the senior management level.
- Proven influencer with the ability to think on their feet and be able to apply critical thinking and logical/structured framework to shape program’s approach.
- Excellent strategic and interpersonal skills, comfort with working and partnering with people at all levels and across all functional areas (Legal, Compliance, Controls, Technology and Operations).
- Ability to manage complexity and multiple workstreams while delivering solutions within a tight deadline.
- Strong personnel and organizational management skills,
- Excellent business judgment, particularly the ability to proactively monitor the program to identify and address issues early.
- Excellent in project management disciplines and an ability to instil structure, process, accountability, and delivery.
- Proficient with project management tools and PC Skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint