Corporate and Investment Bank Finance and Business Management – Legal Entity Control - VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Corporate and InvestmentBank Finance and Business Management – Legal Entity Control - VP
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Legal Entity Control
The opportunity is to join the Legal Entity Control (LEC) team based in London as part of Global Finance and Business Management. The LEC team are based in London, Mumbai and Warsaw and are primarily responsible for the oversight of legal entities in the UK and ensuring that a strong control environment exists as it relates to all businesses, products and operational areas that impact the UK financial statements.
This role has been specifically created to support the production, co-ordination, and delivery of UK statutory financial statements covering both regulated and unregulated entities. The work is challenging with tight audit and regulatory deadlines requiring both strong time management as well attention to detail. The successful candidate will join a meritocratic, team orientated environment, committed to individual development and long term career development.
- Managing the end to end planning & delivery of the accounts for the UK Legal Entities including interim and Group audit testing with the Legal Entity Controllers.
- Audit Issue management lead working closing with our regional Business Control Team to track, document, and influence pragmatic solutions on overdue items. Escalation to senior management where required.
- Regular updates and presentations to senior stakeholder/directors on audit progress throughout the year. Materials for boards and the Audit and Compliance Committee where requested.
- Draft annual account reviews and feedback providing direct support during the audit to the LEC’s across the UK
- Driving and delivering a program of process enhancements, automations, and efficiencies across the UK entities producing statutory accounts ahead of the year-end.
- Technical UK GAAP/IFRS accounting support including accounting memos and changes in treatment that require implementation and control.
- UK or Regional representation on accounting forums
- Lead various projects and initiatives that develop our local ledger.
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders including our external auditors, Product and Financial Control, VCG, Business Control Officers, Tax, Technology and Corporate teams to enable effective audit communication and coordination.
- Work closely with external audit and teams across the Firm to ensure issues are resolved and deadlines met.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise:
- Qualified accountant (i.e. CA, ACCA, CPA etc.) with at least 5 years Post Qualification Experience.
- Audit background is an advantage.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (US GAAP and IFRS)
- Experience of investment bank financial accounting and products is essential.
- Experience with SAP is desirable
- Ability to work under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Innovative mind-set with an ability to manage and drive change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organisational skills.
- Strong influencing skills and a track record of building key relationships.
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail. Able to discuss complex accounting or operational issues with senior management.
- Advanced Excel skills, plus ideally experience of process enhancement tools such as Alteryx & Tableau.