Global Payment Strategy - Senior Business Analyst - VP Bournemouth
Job Type: Full time
Be brave, not perfect.
- Reshma Saujani
- Lead Business Analyst for defining the business requirements for development and commercialisation in order to meet the Business Objectives
- Articulate and document process flows including customer interactions, Ops intervention, end to end flows, data handoffs, etc.
- Cover functional and non-functional requirements including but not limited to Product features, Operational requirements, Regulatory and Compliance requirements, UI, Customer reporting, Sanctions, Resiliency and Scalability and the requirements must meet current and future Business and market demands
- Ability to understand the Client requirements, their usage of the Product and prioritise the requirements based on data analysis
- Understand the risks and propose mitigation options
- Perform impact analysis for business initiatives to determine key business groups that will consequently be required to undergo technical or operational process change
- Document the Business Requirements required to enable development groups to build target state products, processes and technology
- Conduct gaps/differences analysis as required to determine degree of change emergent from business initiatives
- Conduct a thorough transition process to ensure that following the approval of Business Requirements, all functional groups across Operations, Technology, and Service units are clear and informed on what is required for their respective target state models to be determined
- Review and approve target state documentation from functional groups required to conduct process, technical, or service change following the approved Business Requirements – examples being: Technology design document for target state software functionality, Target Operating Model (TOM) documentation, Service Definition, Access Models, or Target On-boarding Process.
- During the performance of business testing and validation, ad-hoc consultation for any unique or unexpected scenarios arising. The target of the Business Analyst is to minimise this significantly by conducting a thorough transition to functional development groups during the Business Requirements phase
- Anticipate internal and external factors impacting the global payment strategy and implementing plans to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities.
- Conduct walk through and training sessions to update stakeholders and user groups
- Defect analysis, prioritisation and exploring alternative solutions
- Independently leading an initiative working with cross functional teams
- Coaching and mentoring the Associate business analysts and junior resources in the team
Required Skills / Experience
- Hands on Payments systems requirements definition experience
- Understanding of the Agile model and experience of defining the requirements using demo goals using Given, When, Then format will be a plus
- Understanding and experience of using JIRA
- Understanding of the broader external market and upcoming regulatory changes
- Ability to build partnerships and work in a collaborative environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to motivate and drive tactical execution
- Solid track record of success in supporting large-scale initiatives
- Creative problem solver, capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions
- Ability to lead virtual requirements teams across geographies
Proficiency in the following:
- Relationship building and influencing skills
- Analytical skills and attention to detail in written documentation
- Organisational skills and time management
- Communication skills – able to articulate a business vision or requirement through multiple business functions and at differing management levels
- Presentation skills – written, visual, and verbal
- Meeting/workshop facilitation
- Leadership skills – able to bring multi-functional groups together to work towards a common goal
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve targets and deliverables
You’ve got this!