Corporation Tax – Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Position Title: Corporation Tax – Vice President
Location: Canary Wharf, London, UK
Group: EMEA Corporate Tax Department
Reporting to: Executive Director
JPMorgan is a leading global financial services firm with operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. The firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
The EMEA Corporation Tax team is responsible for ensuring that JPMorgan meets its tax reporting obligations across EMEA. This role is focused on assisting with the management of the corporate tax compliance obligations in EMEA.
The successful applicant’s key responsibilities will be ensuring JPMorgan complies with its EMEA corporate tax compliance obligations including assisting with the following:
- Partnering with advisors and global Corporate Tax and Finance colleagues to ensure corporate tax returns are filed accurately and on time
- Reviewing and enhancing corporate tax procedures and controls
- Managing audits in EMEA locations
- Analyzing the tax implications of group reorganizations, intra-group funding arrangements, acquisitions and disposals
- Monitoring and assessing the impact of changes to tax legislation.
- Liaising with external advisors to identify and mitigate tax risks
- Communicating tax risks succinctly and clearly to non-tax colleagues
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- A qualified professional with a recognised accounting and/or tax qualification
- A self-motivated team player who is able to prioritise, manage competing demands and work to demanding deadlines
- An individual focussed on operating within and enhancing the existing tax risk and control framework
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent research, analytical and reasoning skills