Lead Data Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Client Intelligence is a platform that provides analytics on clients, deals, bankers, products, and profitability measures at the detail and aggregated level across key business metrics and dimensions. It contains a service-oriented, secure and scalable information platform; it is a corporate finance dashboard targeted at senior and junior bankers across different lines of business within the firm.
GIBIE serves as data warehouse for Banking and Research, Client Profitability/Analytics for IB Markets and Whole Client Profitability system for the Firm. The warehouse has five data marts and feeds to 20+ downstream systems. The platform uses many tools including Informatica and Oracle. GIBIE is one of the biggest database clusters in the Firm and runs about 2000 jobs every day.
In the short to medium term, we are looking for a Data Engineer who has advanced knowledge on Oracle, Unix and Informatica to support GIBIE platform. In the long term, we are migrating to a cloud based refactored platform. The role would then pivot to DevOps, delivering Infrastructure as Code and cloud scripting and automation for continuous deployment and integration (CI/CD).
- Ability to work in a highly energetic global environment showing ability to quickly overcome technical challenges and respond appropriately.
- Experience in working on projects with demanding timelines.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and able to bring industry standards and best practices, lessons learned to projects.
- Strong communication skills as this individual will need to work closely with clients, users and managers.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good team player, gets on well with others and able to work with people of different skill levels.
- An understanding of quality and process improvement.
- Good organization skills to keep track of issues & requests and ensure proper follow-up and closure
6+ year experience and hands on proficiency in the following tools/skill sets are a must: Informatica, Oracle and UNIX scripting, delivering high quality solutions.
- SDLC lifecycle experience leading development efforts within data warehouse environment with complex dataflow and data integration from multiple sources with different integration strategies (push vs pull, file vs database, etc.).
- Knowledgeable with data warehouse concepts such as: SCDs, star schema, hierarchy, aggregation.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work effectively within complex IT environment containing onshore/offshore model, multiple development and testing environments, sharing of environment with multiple teams, load balancing and disaster recovery setup.
- Ability to quickly grasp problems and issues and communicate effectively with other team members.
- Understanding of development using SCRUM and Agile practices
- Possess good written and oral communications skills
- Experience in a Technical Lead role.
Interested? This is what you will have:
A commercial mindset to deliver short, medium and long term strategies to achieve sustained efficiency; an innovation mindset; focus on simplification; and help the team adopt SDLC automation/DevOps to maximize ROI of technology investments. An exciting opportunity to deliver value using a variety of technologies