Senior C#/.Net Software Engineer – Global Shares
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our newly acquired business, Global Shares (a J.P. Morgan Company). The Global Shares Transaction was announced on March 15, 2022. Founded in 2005, Global Shares is a leading cloud-based provider of share plan management software. Global Shares’ employee ownership solutions cover the entire company lifecycle, and caters to corporates worldwide. Global Shares has an expansive client base of over 600 corporate clients that range from early-stage start-ups to mature multinational public corporations. The firm has nearly $200 billion in assets under administration across 650,000 corporate employee participants. It operates with an experienced team of more than 600 employees headquartered in Cork, Ireland and 16 further locations globally.
What we will offer you/ What you can expect:
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, you'll apply your expertise to solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals.
What the role will involve:
- This is a varied role in a fast paced, agile/scrum environment.
- You will be required to work on your own initiative and produce robust, high quality code under the guidance of the other developers within the team.
- Ensure all QA procedures are satisfied in terms of process and documentation.
- Develop new features within the application.
- Fix bugs assigned to you by the development manager.
- The software team produces high quality web applications for participants and administrators of Equity/Share plans, across multiple countries and languages
- We use some of the latest Microsoft technologies, and aim to keep the team up-to-date with new technology releases
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Development experience
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Ability to lead and influence team members to produce best in class software
- Strong C# (.NET 3.5/4) - we consider some strong Java candidates also if some .Net experience is present
- Experience in Test Frameworks such as Moq/xUnit
- Use of GIT in Development activity
- Strong TSQL / SQL Server Knowledge
- ASP.NET MVC 3/4/5
- Expert understanding of Design Patterns
- Extensive Software Analysis and Design experience
- Extensive experience with RESTful API’s, including Web API and Swagger (OpenAPI)
- Scrum Methodology - preferably with Agile Certification (CSM, PSM)
- Advanced knowledge of Identity and Access Management (IAM) Frameworks
- OAuth2 / OpenID / SSO via SAML 2.0
Nice to haves/let us support your upskilling:
- JQuery / Ajax / Angular
- Entity Framework
- UML Experience
- UI Design / UX
- Responsive Design
- Financial Information eXchange (FIX) Protocol experience
- Knowledge of caching technologies such as Redis
- Enterprise Library Blocks (Data, Caching)
- Deployment and configuration management tools like Docker