Senior Dev Ops Engineer – Global Shares
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for Senior DevOps Engineers to join our newly acquired business, Global Shares (a J.P. Morgan Company). The Global Shares Transaction was announced on March 15, 2022. Founded in 2005, Global Shares is a leading cloud-based provider of share plan management software. Global Shares’ employee ownership solutions cover the entire company lifecycle, and caters to corporates worldwide. Global Shares has an expansive client base of over 600 corporate clients that range from early-stage start-ups to mature multinational public corporations. The firm has nearly $200 billion in assets under administration across 650,000 corporate employee participants. It operates with an experienced team of more than 600 employees headquartered in Cork, Ireland and 16 further locations globally.
Due to recent company growth and ever expanding product lines this is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced DevOps Engineer to join a small but highly competent team of Engineers. The role is suited for someone who is passionate about deploying and managing high quality infrastructure and services within a progressive company.
What we will offer you/ What you can expect:
We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
What the role will involve:
- Build and release both infrastructure and product solution across multiple geo regions using Azure cloud services at scale through automation
- Ensuring infrastructure and product solutions are deployed with scalability and reliability as key design requirements
- Work with System Engineers, Developers, Architects to design and implement automated solutions with CD Pipelines for infrastructure and software build, deployment, and configuration
- Implementing monitoring solutions using Grafana, GrayLog, Prometheus etc
- Build and maintain tools, scripts, and processes that make our developers and testers more efficient
- Maintaining and securing the infrastructure which supports production systems along with internal testing platforms.
- Documentation, design and implementation for ongoing projects and delivered services
- Provide support and troubleshooting on production systems including diagnosing and resolving post deployment issues, patching servers, implementing automated server hardening policies, investing / resolving and downtime incidents.
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with minimal supervision.
- Keep up with industry trends to ensure we are using the best tools and services.
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A BSc in Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline.
- Experience in a DevOps or technical role in an agile fast paced environment.
- Experience in one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure or GCP ) is a must.
- Experience delivering Infrastructure as Code using tools such as terraform, chef, puppet, ansible
- Experience in deploying and managing container-based services using Docker and Kubernetes
- Deployment of applications and configuration changes within production environments
- Proficient in a scripting language Python, Bash PowerShell, YAML etc
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Deployment Automation (Docker, Kubernetes, Octopus Deploy)
- Monitoring (Grafana, InfluxDB, Prometheus, New Relic, Pingdom)
- Databases (MSSQL Server)
- CI (Jenkins, Bamboo), Automated QC (SonarQube)
- Logging (ElasticSearch, GrayLog)