Commercial Bank - Corporate Client Banking & Specialised Industries Analyst - London (French Speaker)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About Corporate Client Banking & Specialised Industries
The Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries (“CCBSI”) group focuses on mid-cap companies that require traditional banking services in addition to investment banking products. Corporate bankers leverage the power of the firm via customized financing solutions through partnerships with treasury, credit solutions and investment banking to help clients achieve their short and long-term growth objectives.
Our CCBSI business in Europe has offices in France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and the UK. As an Analyst, you will work with CCBSI Bankers as well as Product Partners (including Debt Capital Markets (DCM), Equity Capital Markets (ECM), Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Investment Banking (IB) Industry Coverage, Credit and Treasury Services) who cover a variety of industries to provide a range of financing solutions and strategic advisory.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us develop the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. We’ll provide everything you need to be successful – from training and mentorship from senior leaders to projects that engage all your skills.
The role is part of the France Client Banking & Specialised Industries team within the Commercial Bank and is based in London. Mobility from London to Paris will be explored after completing the two-and-a-half-year analyst program.
As a member of the team, the Analyst plays an integral part to help gain, manage and maintain client relationships in France in close coordination with senior Bankers. The position relates to managing both internal and external aspects of client relationships, including conducting industry and company research, helping with credit analysis, partnering with product and industry specialists within the Investment Bank on the origination and execution of transactions as well as general country-level reporting requirements.
Among other things you will make an impact by:
- Working alongside Senior Bankers and Product Partners, particularly those within the DCM, ECM and M&A teams, to execute transactions from initial pitch through marketing to close for both existing and prospective clients
- Preparing marketing materials for use in client meetings covering topics such as financing alternatives, working capital optimization, industry and peer analysis
- Supporting Senior Bankers to help generate new revenue opportunities from prospects and existing clients
- Collaborating with credit underwriting teams on analysis, structuring and documentation of credit requests
- Building and using financial models to support financing and Investment Banking transactions
- Coordinating and supporting product and industry coverage partners to produce and distribute client deliverables
- Developing an understanding of the full breadth of J.P. Morgan products and service offerings, including but not limited to M&A, debt capital markets equity capital markets, interest rate and currency hedging, treasury services
- Assisting with country-level reporting requirements and data management
The position is primarily geared to providing support to deal teams and country leadership, with accountability for pitch book preparation, transaction execution and general country-level reporting requirements, while ensuring seamless coordination among deal team members, product partners and internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have previous Corporate or Investment Banking experience with a corporate finance background.
We are looking for individuals with the intellectual curiosity and drive to contribute to the development and execution of comprehensive banking solutions for our clients.
- Master’s degree or similar with outstanding academic credentials
- Fluent in English and French
- Strong corporate finance, credit, analytical, and modelling skills in order to collaborate seamlessly with the credit underwriting teams on analysis, structuring and documentation of credit requests as well as with the IB industry Coverage and Product Partners on IB pitches and executions
- Superior Excel and Power Point skills
- Highly motivated, productive team player. Partnership and communication skills are essential as work will often overlap with industry partners, product partners and investment banking teams
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial mind-set and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- Excellent reviews and referrals from your current manager and peers
- Commitment to personal growth and career development
- Outstanding ethics, integrity and judgment
- Strong attention to detail
- Complete all relevant regulatory exams or certifications required for the role
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse clients, customers and communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive and inclusive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.