Office of the General Counsel - Outside Counsel Value Management - AVP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co with approximately 2000 employees worldwide is responsible for the provision of legal services to the firm. The department also includes the Office of the Secretary.
Legal’s Office of the General Counsel (OGC) supports the Legal department’s delivery of legal services. It sets the standards for the department’s centralized processes and controls, delivers tools the department uses to work efficiently and effectively, and drives the department’s change agenda with data, technology, innovation, legal knowledge and a client-centric approach. Within the OGC, the Outside Counsel Value Management (OCVM) team cultivates and maintain Legal’s external relationships, including strategic engagement with our outside counsel partners.
Outside Counsel Engagement Assistant Vice-President Job Description
Under the general supervision and direction of the Head of Outside Counsel Engagement the AVP will work with the rates team in executing the rate increase and pricing strategy, work in partnership with internal and Outside Counsel involving relationship issues concerns and questions, work with the diversity team in executing the Legal department’s diversity strategy around outside engagement, as well as supporting the OCVM team in partnering with other Legal operational groups.
- Work with other Operations teams (i.e. Legal Third Party Oversight, Legal Billing, Procurement and Legal Data) on refining procedures, policies, and documents that improve outside counsel engagement
- Maintain law firm and outside counsel information in relevant database (i.e. Sharepoint)
- Assist OCVM team with sourcing of new law firms and responding to attorney requests for new counsel
- Research relevant legal market and diversity information and analysis to aid in the achievement of strategic objectives and goals
- Assist with arranging and scheduling outside counsel engagement meetings with key internal and external stakeholders - create relationship meeting materials
- Assist with the distribution of communications to outside counsel
- Assist with the creation and development of high-quality presentations, as needed
- Assist the OCVM team in negotiating law firm rates and volume discounts;
- Analyze, track, and maintain pertinent information relating to all law firm pricing
- Assist in building reports and analysis to determine appropriate rate structures
- Oversee the tracking of Internal and External Counsel Requests
- Oversee OCE database(s) management
Qualifications of Successful Candidates:
- The desired candidate will have a background in finance, legal operations, paralegal work or project management
- High proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and the ability to quickly learn and utilize additional software and systems
- BA in business, finance or qualification in a related field
- Familiarity with financial services industry and/or the legal industry is highly preferable