Asset Management - Real Estate Americas’ Investment Specialists - Coverage EMEA - Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2+ trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
JPMorgan Asset Management’s Real Estate Americas platform has earned a leadership position in the market through its strategic relationships and information advantage. At nearly $65bn in AUM, the team is comprised of more than 180 professionals across six markets with key functional areas of portfolio management, research, acquisitions, asset management, debt capital markets, marketing/client services, financial/tax, and development and engineering. Our expertise spans from core real estate to opportunistic strategies, across the capital stack (debt & equity), as well in various mandate formats (open-end, close-end fund, and separate accounts). Additionally, Fund offerings include open end direct real estate offerings for defined contribution plans. We have complemented our REA Core Open End Fund with Core strategies on our European and Asian Real Estate platforms, positioning JPMAM to offer investors a Global Core suite of products to investors.
Real Estate Americas’ Investment Specialists play a lead role in prospecting for new clients, deepening existing client and consultant relationships, creating and providing thought leadership and growth in new investment mandates for Real Estate strategies with Global investors. Geographic focus of the role is the EMEA markets with the preferred location for residence London England The position will report to the Head of Real Estate Client Strategy.
Growing and maintaining our Real Estate book of business with our EMEA client base (including corporate and public pension funds, state and government sponsored investment funds, insurance companies, as well as other investors). This includes initiating relationships with new clients, expanding number of mandates with existing clients, garnering additional commitments for existing mandates as well as maintaining existing mandates.
Manage existing client relationships with the goal of creating a strategic partnership - deepening and expanding the assets we manage on their behalf. This encompasses establishing an annual strategic plan, maintaining regular contact with key client representatives, including field consultants, delivering very clear and concise account reviews, including thoughtful interpretations of near term economic and other relevant external events. Understanding the client’s investment goals and objectives providing thought leadership on solutions to meet their investment objectives. Delivering the platform and firm resources to the client.
Keeping abreast of the competitor landscape and providing insights and creating messaging on how to position our strategies to best compete.
A key aspect of this position is to establish excellent collaborative working relationships with the Client and Consultant Advisor teams, the Real Estate Portfolio Managers, Investor Relations, Product Development and other investment professionals across the firm.
Pursue new business opportunities which fit with our business platform and model, identifying the investment organizations which are prospects for our products and services and the key decision makers and influencers at those organizations. Establish and deepen relationships with senior investment professionals at these organizations
- Extensive experience of successfully raising capital for real estate investment strategies
- extensive network of relationships across EMEA institutional real estate investors
- excellent presentation skills which enable the delivery of concise and persuasive new business presentations and investment reviews;
- excellent written and oral communication skills and intellectual curiosity in the subject matter;
- strong relationship building skills applicable to existing clients, prospective clients and internal colleagues within Real Estate and across JPMorgan
- a strong understanding of regional economic forecasts and the ability to interpret them relative to the performance of all products being represented by this team;
- ability to incorporate current economic forecast information provided by other professionals within the organization plus ability to seek out and integrate relevant external economic and other related investment and product information into communications with clients, prospects and consultants
- a working knowledge of portfolio construction, how real estate fits within a mixed asset portfolio and how real estate allocations are structured;
- an ability to articulate and discuss fund/portfolio and underlying investments;
- a strong work ethic; results oriented; willing to travel extensively to ensure successful results;
- the highest ethical values in professional and personal conduct
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field (higher level of education preferred, MBA/CFA)
- Series 3, 7 and 63 certifications (or willingness to achieve)