Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Our Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient, and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will excel.
A fundamental corner stone for this vision is to enable a consistent, reliable, and standardized monitoring, observability, and telemetry platform. The platform will enable events, logs, metrics, traces, and alerts to make machine and application data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone.
To that end, we are seeking an experienced infrastructure Engineer to work in the Monitoring, Observability, and Telemetry product organization that will support JP Morgan Chase’s four cloud strategy. The platform will support telemetry across the private cloud and public cloud ecosystem.
- You will design and develop backend services using Java and Spring boot following the test-driven development (TDD) approach
- You will build secure/resilient/scalable services to deploy on Cloud infrastructure
- You will work with design leads in developing world class technology solutions
- You will be a passionate believer in the value of continuous integration, testing, and deployment
- You will have a focus on building the right software in the right way
- You will create high quality solutions with an eye for detail
- You will provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation, and delivery
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of cloud, virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
- Advanced development experience in Java and one or more general-purpose programming languages: Python, C, C++, Go
- Strong technical understanding of Java core concepts, including memory management, multi-threading, REST based services and Spring/ Spring Boot
- Working knowledge of monitoring and telemetry concepts
- Working knowledge of stream-based solutions, e.g. Apache Kafka, Apache Camel
- Experience with developing frameworks that help increase developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
- Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large-scale software development, security software development
- Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills with clear communication
- Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals