C# WPF Software Engineer - Equities - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
We are looking for a senior GUI developer to join the team, and work on the Sales and Trading platform for the Equities businesses in Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB). The ideal candidate will be team oriented and will work closely with traders in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. The qualified individual will be responsible for the design, develop, maintain and support the Sales and Trading order management systems.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with a global GUI development team and deliver new functionalities and bug fixes
- Face off to the business and document requirements when required
- Help drive testing and ensure software quality
- Assist in rolling out releases and L3 support of the platform in production
- Proactively improve the process to ensure the quality of the deliverables and the efficiency of the team improves.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of C#, and WPF skills
- Demonstrated .NET experience is required
- Effective communicator with strong documentation skills
- Some experience in RX / TPL (Task Parallel Library) and Python
- Experience in multi-threaded programming and object oriented design is required
- Experience in performance tuning Windows applications
- Experience with HTML5 and ReactJS will be a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement