CIB Resiliency – Program Manager – Operational Resilience Implementation
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. CIB Resilience covers Front Office, Operations, Technology and Corporate Functions;
The growing regulatory focus on operational resilience requires us to take a fresh new way of looking at risk. Building on the successful implantation of the firm’s Business Resilience uplift, the CIB Operational Resilience Implementation Program will drive completion of the transition to a framework that fully supports the operational resilience approach. The program is focused on driving excellence into the framework, enabling the decision required to ensure our ongoing resilience, realizing the value we can deliver to the firm, and in ensuring we embed ownership of resilience across the organization.
This role includes responsibility for the central management of the program structure, tracking and reporting of its delivery, and effective governance of risks and issues. Beyond that, the role holder will play a key role in ensuring coherence and efficiency between the four program pillars, and with stakeholders across the CIB and the firmwide business resiliency team, often working several layers up in terms of enabling outcomes.
- Project management of multiple streams of work supporting the CIB Operational Resilience program
- Central support to the program team, providing coherence and driving efficiency
- Partnership with key stakeholders in order to define and drive operational resilience outcomes
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the CIB sub-LoBs, Operations and Firmwide partners.
- Produce program reporting for management, stakeholders and program sponsors
- Identify and manage resolution of risks and issues, escalating where appropriate
Skills Required / To Be Developed:
- Program Management, with experience of driving successful program outcomes
- Initiative – taking the lead in unstructured situations, including seizing new opportunities
- Strong communication, presentation (both oral and written) and influencing skills
- Strong partnership record and ability to build effective business relationships
- Effective change management skills with the ability to adapt within a changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and must be able to demonstrate outstanding delivery track record
- Ability to lead and work independently.
There are no absolute experience requirements for this role – much more fundamental will be the skills and potential that applicants bring to it. The following experience may, however, support success:
- Experience in a regulatory, compliance or operational team
- The ability to demonstrate working in a control focused environment
- An attested track record of working to deadlines, with accountability and responsibility for independent workload
Happy to talk flexible working. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.