CIB_Operations_Project_Manager- VP- London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a Project Manager for the Rates Regulatory Change team, you'll manage strategic and tactical projects, and provide analytical, reporting, communications, and change management support for Markets Operations senior management. Projects may include new regulatory changes, streamlining of the existing reporting, system migrations, enhancements to operational efficiency and controls models.
- Lead, manage, and drive execution of key programs across various jurisdictions
- Drive end-to-end delivery of process change, partnering closely with teams across Operations, Technology, Sales & Trading, Data & Analytics, Legal & Compliance, and other corporate functions. This will include project planning and analysis, resource management, driving or overseeing project execution, and reporting of status to senior management.
- Conduct requirements gathering, data analysis, and synthesis to develop business requirements aligned to the letter and the spirit of the law.
- Act as a product SME in the larger scale, centrally managed projects.
- Lead problem solving and data driven decision making inclusive of process design, re-engineering, and target state modelling.
- Vendor liaison to ensure accuracy of the reporting.
- Risk & Control management, design and enhance the framework.
- Experience in a Business Analysis and Testing role.
- Investment Banking/Financial Services background, including Rates products.
- Experience of Financial Regulations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Derivative trade lifecycle experience.
- Managing UAT cycles and issue management.
- Good IT and technical knowledge.
- Experience in improving processes and increasing efficiency.
- Experience in leading several complex systems conversion projects.
- Expertise in project management discipline and techniques.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and interact with all levels.
- Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Strong team building skills.
- Intermediate knowledge level of Microsoft Project.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Several years of project management / business analysis experience.
- Markets or other related financial services experience preferred; experience in operations and knowledge of industry regulations.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for understanding complex information quickly.
- Experience in identifying risk and seeks to control and/or minimize risk and knows when to escalate issues.
- Adapts well to shifting priorities.
- Ability to generate business recommendations to move execution process forward and to take initiative to conduct due diligence on new business ideas to determine feasibility.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with members of the Business and Development teams.
- Proven ability to achieve quality results in a high-pressure, rapidly changing environment requiring flexibility / adaptability to changeable directives.
- Experience working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups.