CIB - Business Analytics Manager - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients’ needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Location Description (UK- London / Bournemouth)
- Break Resolution and Analytics team (BRAT) primarily involves in performing Root cause analysis, Process improvements, generation of actionable insights to core Equity Operations teams. The team lends a helping hand to Ops teams in their functions with an objective to improve the efficiency and quality of the process in a Self Solve mode. BRAT utilises BI tools like Alteryx, PowerBI, UIPath, Tableau & Qlikview as part of process improvement/ analysis. We are looking for a self motivated and driven individual for newly set up BRAT at UK.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Governance – controlled mindset and proven experience of governing complex workflow including use of checklists tools (excel) to govern actions and QA procedures as well as creation, communication and escalation of high level metrics to top of the org business level
- Communication – ability to build strong relationships with many disparate groups across the Equities/F&O/OTC stack and influence other teams to ensure deliverables are prioritised. Tenacious attitude that will not accept push back willingly and will escalate effectively when bottlenecks develop
- Ability to manage multiple metrics to get clarity and focus on issues/bottlenecks
- Knowledge of Cash Equities, FI Cash & Repo, F&O and OTC infrastructure – Knowledge of where systems sit in the hierarchy, inter-relationships would be very advantageous
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate with experience in Operations in Investment Banking/ Financial services firms with data analytics background
- Analytical and detailed: strong analytical skills with complementary communications and presentation skills with attention to detail and accuracy; Solid intellectual capacity for process improvements.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility; Excellent Client focus and Customer care working practices
- Strong people management skills & ability to motivate the team at all times
- Drive results through people, communication, influence and interactions
- Flexible attitude towards working hours due to the demands of the working place
- Solid intellectual capacity for process improvements
- Excellent Client focus and Customer care working practices
- Strong time management skills required to meet exchange and front office deadlines
- Motivated: Displays drive, energy and enthusiasm. Results driven individual with a proven track record
- Must be a Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus. Must be highly reliable, trustworthy, honest, and commitment oriented