Associate Software Engineer-Java
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Who are we:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Banking Technology supports technology for 3 parts of the Banking business under CIB (Corporate & Investment Bank), namely GIB (Global Investment Banking), GCB (Global Corporate Banking) & WP (Wholesale Payments Sales).
GIB works with a broad range of issuer clients, including corporations, institutions and governments, and provides comprehensive strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise. GCB manages the firm’s relationships with large corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations globally to help our clients meet their objectives and challenges in financing, risk management, working capital, cash management and investments. Treasury Services delivers cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card and escrow services that resolve the working capital and efficiency challenges treasury professionals face today.
You are a Software Engineer who can help us build our CRM that can be used by engineers to deliver critical applications that are used by our clients across the globe.
You will work in a team focused on the development of APIs and micro services, working to architect, develop and deploy a set of micro services that will be used by engineers from across the GIB to interact with Dash CRM data. We’re building cloud native services with telemetry and auto-scaling built in. We are shifting towards fully automated CICD pipelines, with code going all the way to production automatically. You will be responsible for setting and maintaining the technical excellence required to build great services that enable us to deliver the best experiences possible for our clients.
Collectively you will work with your Dash peers and across the GIB which includes other engineers, architects, designers, cyber and product teams to build the best solutions possible. You will help to shape the engineering culture to be centered on collaboration, quality, and best practice. You will be empowered to make changes to make sure we’re building the right software in the right way.
- Hands on developer of Java based micro services and APIs
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use with excellent documentation
- Optimize our services to scale from the outset with telemetry
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Use industry standard techniques for performance optimization
- Strive for continuous improvement through active participation in team, J.P. Morgan community and site-wide activities
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field.
- Micro service and API design experience
- Core Java
- Event/Streaming Technologies – e.g. Kafka
- Testing Mindset
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Any cloud experience would be good