CPCS - Sec Services - Custody Trades and Data Business Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Senior Business Analyst – Associate, Securities Services, Cross Product Change Services
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $23.5 trillion of assets under custody and ranked #1 for Global Investment Banking fees, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Cross Product Change Services (CPCS) is a change delivery organisation within the CIB’s Digital & Platform Services (D&PS) that provides integrated change, testing and implementation support to CIB stakeholders. CPCS capabilities include end-to-end test management and automation, business analysis, data analytics and program management, which are tailored to enable strategic initiatives in the Wholesale Payments, Markets and Securities Services businesses, as well as cross-business functions such as Network Management and Client Onboarding (Client Tax & WKO).
CPCS Securities Services supports several Businesses including Custody, Direct Custody, Cash, Liquidity and FX, Asset Servicing, Depository Services, Accounting and many others.
This Business Analyst Role will support Global Custody Roadmap focused on Trades and XSSAR Data Sets onboarding into IDP and Fusion.
J.P. Morgan is seeking an Associate to join CPCS working within an agile team or component structure comprising of Product, Operations, Technology and UAT representatives. A Senior Business Analyst will help elaborate strategic business and operations requirements for one or more business initiatives. Flexibility to provide project BA experience to other LOB’s and support transformational Global initiatives within Cross Product Change Services.
- Articulate and document process flows including customer interactions, operational intervention, end to end flows, data handoffs, etc.
- Understand client, market and regulatory requirements, their current product usage and prioritise the requirements based on data analysis and strategic business need.
- Perform impact analysis for business initiatives to ascertain partner business groups that will consequently be required to undergo technical or operational process change.
- Define functional and non-functional business requirements for development and commercialisation in order to meet business targets.
- Has the ability to support a transition process to ensure that Operations, Technology and Service can seamlessly move to their respective target state models.
- Analyse and elaborate product features and operational, regulatory and compliance, UI, reporting and sanctions screening requirements.
- Develop subject matter expertise in multi LOB processes for ad-hoc consultation for any unique or unexpected scenarios identified.
- Conduct walk through and training sessions to update stakeholders and user groups.
- Analyse defects by prioritising and exploring alternative solutions.
Functional and Technical Expertise
- Relevant experience within the Financial Services industry supporting multiple LOB’s delivering in a highly complex, pressurised and high volume environment.
- Expertise in Agile project delivery methodology and skills to learn and work with evolving methodologies.
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision on day-to-day activities.
- Strong organizational skills – ability to dynamically manage and oversee critical tasks accurately and to tight deadlines.
- Sound understanding of Operational and Exceptions Processes required.
- Extensive requirements analysis, elaboration and documentation skills required.
- Exposure to business process smart tools i.e. Signavio, Nintex, Mendix or similar low code tools would be an advantage.
- Exposure to UX / UI Design Tools would be desirable.
- Experience with frameworks such as Cucumber, Gherkin and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) would be an advantage.
- Excellent understanding of the Agile methodology and experience of using JIRA and MS Office.
- Ability to build partnerships and work in a collaborative team environment.
Problem Solving and Analysis
- Highly skilled at problem solving, ability to scope and provide structure to complex issues, rapidly learn unfamiliar processes and provide insightful and timely remediation.
- Excellent attention to detail so errors can be prevented and redundancies / opportunities highlighted.
- Ability to keep sight of the overall context and remain centred on the strategic picture, identify areas of opportunity for process improvement and build out recommendation to proceed.
- Ability to use effective systemic data focussed reporting to support program reporting.
- Advanced numeracy and Microsoft skills.
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to provide clear and succinct verbal updates on their work to team members, colleagues, senior heads, executives and clients.
- Ability to liaise effectively between lines of business with empathy and understanding to achieve the common and strategic goal as a team.
- PowerPoint / Pitch Pro skills - able to create professional slides and structure presentations with minimal input and need for secondary review.
- Collaboratively contributes to program updates, Project and team meetings.
Working Style and Influence
- Ability to handle multiple projects, manage personnel & team management in order to meet stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to build and nurture effective and lasting relationships with colleagues, team members and stakeholders across multiple business lines and global locations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and with effective influencing skills to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to understand own role and those of other team members and recognise at times the need for flexibility within roles to achieve the project and organisational targets.
- Able to work comfortably and confidently under pressure to achieve target deadlines.
- Ability to work on a hands on basis and not limit oneself to only tracking and reporting milestones.
- Confident to raise concerns with management team and support resolution.
- Effective change management skills. Ability to support & adapt within a changing environment.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously, with strong time management skills.
- Ability to manage a team, recognising individuality, supporting growth through mentoring and coaching built on an unshakeable foundation of respect, diversity and inclusivity.
- Inspires with confidence and assurance, considerate of others, supportive during high pressure situations and celebrates successes equally of individuals and team alike.
- Batchelor degree (with relevant experience) preferred.
- Project / Agile methodology Qualification – preferred.
- Worked in CIB business function ie; Global Markets, Middle Office, Wholesale Payments or Securities Services.
- Proven and evidenced successful senior business analyst experience.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.