Quantitative Research - Securities Services - Associate or Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a talented Quant to support the activities of the Quantitative Research Securities Services globally. The role is based in London. You will be a part of the team that is helping to transform business practices through data science/other quantitative methods where JP Morgan is a dominant player, handling trillions of dollars of client assets.
About Quantitative Research:
Quantitative Research (QR) is an expert quantitative modeling group in J.P. Morgan, as well as a leader in financial engineering, data analytics, statistical modeling and portfolio management. As a global team, QR partners with traders, marketers and risk managers across all products and regions, contributes to sales and client interaction, product innovation, valuation and risk management, inventory and portfolio optimization, electronic trading and market making, and appropriate financial risk controls.
We are looking for a talented Quant to support the activities of the Quantitative Research Securities Services globally. The role is based in London. Securities Services business holds $27tn of Assets under Custody (AUC) and more than $200bn of cash, providing opportunities for a Quantitative Research to add value through innovative use of data analytics and machine learning.
You will be a part of the team that is helping to transform business practices through data science/other quantitative methods where JP Morgan is a dominant player, handling trillions of dollars of client assets.
In addition, we are providing on job training, intensive internal classroom training, and online courses, all given by our experienced quants. Through the diversity of the businesses it supports and the variety of functions that it is responsible for, Quantitative Research group provides unique growth opportunities for you to develop your abilities and your career.
We make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental and physical health needs or particular family considerations.
If you are passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
The primary responsibilities will include:
- Perform large-scale analysis on gigantic financial data from $1 trillion+ daily transactions and $200 billion+ cash;
- Identify new insights and implement quantitative models to generate business values in trading, product development, sales, and control;
- Drive projects end-to-end, from brainstorming, prototyping, data processing, data analysis to model development;
- Make real-world, commercial recommendations through effective presentations to various stakeholders;
- Leverage data visualization to communicate quantitative insights to help business decision-making.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set to take ownership & drive new business initiatives;
- Master’s, Ph.D. or equivalent degree in computer science, statistics, operations research or other quantitative fields;
- Strong interests in applying statistics, optimization and machine learning to solve real-world problems;
- Experience in software design and development using one of C++, Python, R, Java, and Scala;
- Data analytics using open-source Python packages (pandas/numpy/scikit-learn/tensorflow);
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to present findings to a non-technical audience;
- Participation in KDD/Kaggle competition or contribution to GitHub highly desirable;
Beyond that, we’re interested in the things that make you unique: personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia and profession that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the differences you could bring to the team.