Collateral Management Operations - Analyst
Job Type: Full time
- Calculate, issue and agree margin calls with Brokers to mitigate credit risk exposures on behalf of our clients.
- Agree and book collateral trades to satisfy incoming margin calls from Brokers.
- Liaise directly with our clients and their Brokers on a daily basis via email and telephone.
- Perform daily reconciliations between systems and the market to ensure accurate record keeping and risk mitigation.
- Partner with internal groups within Agency Collateral to provide a superb client experience that will assist in retaining current business and growing new client activity.
- The Collateral Management team provides a service to our wide range of clients across European working hours, and is also required to work UK Bank Holidays as governed by client requirements.
- Cover may be provided via rotational shifts so a flexible approach to working hours is therefore needed, including overtime.
- The team supports flexible working including occasional working from home.
- There will be the potential for opportunities to travel both domestically and internationally once established in role.
- Continued growth of the team provides opportunities for progression for team members demonstrating strong levels of performance.
Qualifications / Experience
- Excellent Client Service skills
- Numeracy skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to understand complex models within financial sphere
- Problem solving and data analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and to work under pressure
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Educated to at least A level standard or equivalent – education within subjects relating to finance favourable – e.g. Maths, Economics etc.
- Experience within Collateral or Derivatives is favourable but not essential.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients’ needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.