ESG Associate (EMEA)
Job Type: Full time
Analyst - ESG Analytics / Portfolio Insight
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan has been a leader in financial services, doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We work in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients' needs. We operate in 150 countries and hold global leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm every day. This is why we are the most respected financial institution in the world — and why we can offer you an outstanding career.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $30+ trillion of assets under custody and $200+ billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
The Data Solutions organization within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB)'s Securities Services group is a newly formed business offering best-in-class data solutions for our institutional clients. Our mission is to deliver a next generation cloud-native data and analytics ecosystem, supporting client needs across the investment lifecycle.
This is an exciting position for a client-focused and solution-driven individual who thrives on new challenges, possesses intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit, and enjoys working in a fast-paced yet flexible environment.
Strong candidates will have a track record of entrepreneurial thinking, analytical background, and an ability to work closely with technology teams on driving product enhancement and client deliverables.
The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day communication with clients and for the monitoring and reporting of all deliverables. The successful candidate will be able to review, interpret and communicate the analytics (exposure and scoring) reporting information to clients and internal partners and be able to work independently on complex projects and analyses, manage large client implementations.
The candidate will generate and review any custom reporting as/when required, as well as interfacing with clients on any questions regarding day-to-day reporting results and ad hoc questions. The candidate will relay all requests for testing or reporting changes to the relevant team and be responsible for reviewing all work conducted by the on/offshore team before it is released to clients.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works independently as well as in a team, to produce data analytics
- Analyst will support the on-going development of the analytical products by assisting with research, contributing towards business requirements and supporting business testing
- Analyst will maintain a thorough understanding of industry, market and regulatory developments related to ESG reporting, engagement and disclosure requirements for asset owners and asset managers
- Respond to client inquiries regarding ESG / PI reporting
- Resolve issues relating to daily/monthly reporting
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal operations
- Oversight responsibility for all client work conducted by offshore team
- Partner with Client Service to help change client behavior where required
- Understand and be able to source/calculate underlying analytics
- Be able to Interpret and write commentary on results
- Handle client reporting and prepare custom reports, ensuring accuracy and quality
- Participate in the development and testing of product enhancements
- Attend client service review meetings and calls
- Analyst will support the on-boarding of new clients and maintain the set-up of existing clients
- Relevant industry experience, either in Investment Analytics or related field
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Finance, Accounting, or related field or equal experience
- MBA, CFA, CIPM, FRM or equivalent candidates preferred
- Understanding of and enthusiasm towards ESG : Genesis, Future State, Scoring Mechanisms
- Strong written and oral communications skills to effectively communicate with clients
- Positive attitude with a willingness to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail with demonstrable problem solving ability
- Must have a willingness to work on and learn new software applications