CIB Funds Policy and Subject Matter Expert
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
The Wholesale KYC Organization (WKO) AML/KYC Policy Management team is responsible for interpreting the firm’s global policies and related requirements derived from regulatory guidance and changes enacted within the countries we operate.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The position is within the Funds KYC Product & Process office, aligned under the WKO Policy & Program function - responsible for regulatory policy analysis, interpretation, and implementation; training specifically for our CIB and Commercial Bank (CB) Investment Manager (IM) and Connected Entity customers.
The successful candidate will be or will become an IM/Connected Entity specialist who will contribute to a range of efforts across:
- the strategic Funds Program including; the provision of training to interested teams including WKO Makers and Checkers; procedural updates and ongoing enquiries
- the Policy Program including; interpreting the firm’s global policies and related requirements, providing guidance to business partners and WKO Makers and Checkers
- the Funds Process including; procedural updates and maintenance to ensure that our procedures align to the IM/CE policy, corporate standards and local due diligence requirements
- the CO&D Controls Program; providing guidance and advice relating to IM and Connected Entity matters
- the strategic Reference Data program (PRADA); providing guidance and advice relating to IM and Connected Entity matters
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience sought:
- Knowledge of Fund structures and similar complex arrangements preferred
- Knowledge of the regulatory landscape and understanding of country-specific regulatory challenges an advantage
- Working knowledge of financial products & services particularly across the Markets and Securities Services businesses is desirable
- Ability to understand regulations and relate them to business processes (and vice-versa)
- Ability to understand and interpret the impact of policy and procedural changes
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Collaborative approach able to partner closely with related functions to help ensure a coordinated and effective program
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to present work accurately, clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing
- Inquisitive with keen attention to detail and the confidence to provide credible challenge
- Results oriented; ability to effectively prioritize work and deliver against multiple objectives
- Professional, self-motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with a proven track record of execution against deliverables
- Excellent business judgement, particularly the ability to proactively monitor the work stream to identify issues early
- Good organizational and time management skills