EMEA Legal Entity Climate Risk - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The EMEA Chief Risk Office function was established in 2013 to support the EMEA Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and facilitate cross risk deliverables and interactions in the EMEA region, including at the legal entity level. The team is responsible for Risk Governance, Legal Entity Risk support, Risk Regulatory & Program Management (including EMEA Legal Entity Climate Risk), and control management.
This role will report to the Head of EMEA Risk Regulatory & Program Management and will be instrumental in the implementation of Climate Risk initiatives across the EMEA Legal Entities. The successful candidate will support the development and implementation of Legal Entity Climate Risk Frameworks across EMEA Legal Entities, where these are required, partnering with a broad range of stakeholders across the LOBs, Risk stripes, Legal Entity Risk Managers/ CROs, and functional areas. The role represents an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a broad spectrum of industries across multiple asset classes and geographies.
Supporting Legal Entity level outputs
- Support the preparation of Climate Risk materials for submissions to committee, Board, and regulator meetings and public disclosures.
- Co-ordinate across risk stripes to support the production of legal entity level BAU climate risk related outputs such as climate risk reports, ICAAP, and updating documentation .
- Work to help set-up and embed the BAU climate risk environment for EMEA Legal Entities, in accordance with applicable regulations, the firmwide Climate Risk Management Framework, and the Firm’s business strategy and risk appetite.
- Learn about and look to build expertise in the datasets and/or the transition and physical risk methodologies used to quantify climate risk at the EMEA Legal Entity level
Partnering with Firmwide Climate Risk and local CRO teams
- Partner closely with the Firmwide (FW) Climate Risk Management team, which provides climate risk subject matter expertise, including governance and oversight at the Firmwide level, to enhance the firmwide climate risk capabilities and governance, including updating the global Climate Risk Management Framework, and scenario analysis and stress testing.
- Partner with regional Risk Management & Compliance Control Management with respect to Climate Risk related issues and action plans.
- Maintain regular dialogue with other regional and local CRO teams to ensure consistency across legal entity outputs where possible.
- Stay up to date on climate risk and ESG risk regulatory policy developments impacting the Risk function, in particular CRR III/CRD VI proposals covering ESG risk and equivalent developments in the UK and other EMEA jurisdictions
- Provide insights and training to staff on climate related risk and regional climate related regulatory developments impacting the Risk function.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. environmental studies, sustainability, economics, finance)
- Familiarity with the EMEA climate-related regulatory landscape
- Strong analytical skills with ability to analyse and aggregate data, identify root causes/ key drivers, produce insightful commentary, and construct effective and sustainable strategic solutions
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with ability to communicate (oral and written) effectively at all levels
- Inquisitive and proactive in identifying risks and solutions, with keen attention to detail
- Experience with, or knowledge of, developing and implementing frameworks and effective control environments, especially in the Financial Services Industry
- 5+ years of overall experience, including:
- 2+ years of experience in a relevant climate change and/ or second line of defence or Risk Management role
- Working knowledge of climate risk management in financial institutions