Macro Index Product Controller - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Macro Index Product Control team within the Global Commodities Group is a team of professionals supporting 10 traders globally. It is a truly multi-asset desk providing exposure to all asset classes; Credit, Bonds, FX, Equities, Commodities. As such, this is an outstanding and rare opportunity.
The trading desk offers various index products varying from vanilla beta indices to algorithmic (smart beta, alpha, momentum etc.) across asset-classes. In addition structured and exotic multi-asset solutions are traded out of this desk.
The successful candidate will have a zest and enthusiasm for learning, and a strong quantitative thinking mindset, combined with interesting and relevant experience (e.g. risk, valuation control, product control).
- Run Risk and P&L explain for the trading desk, with an emphasis on understanding the story behind the numbers from a commercial and trading standpoint
- Run Value-at-Risk and Stress, foster working relationships with partners in Market Risk, QR and technology
- Improve current processes, build option and index explains, automate solutions
- Ensure regulation complaint operating environment
- Escalate any control gaps and offer ideas to mitigate these gaps
- Coordinate with Operations, Tech and Finance through all phases of testing for new models and infrastructure
- Month end and quarter end management, preparing all relevant information for quarterly filings
- Client Value and Portfolio Management analysis
- Heavy interaction with Sales and Trading daily; confidence and communication skills imperative
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to challenge status quo and be introspective
- Proactive in identifying control gaps, defining resolution and taking to closure
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization
- Strong degree qualifications. Professional qualifications favorable
- Knowledge of derivative products and a technical mindset
- Motivated, positive attitude, keen interest to learn about markets, products, and the business
- Influencing skills to manage interaction with diverse groups internally and externally
- Excel expertise, VBA or other coding skills highly beneficial