SQL and Java Developer - ETL Process
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. As a team member of Employee Insight team you will be involved in data gathering and storing it into database by writing ETL code using Java, Moneta, Spring Boot and create objects in SQL Server which will be used to store data.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Experienced Java developer
- Able to debug and investigate java code issues and push appropriate solutions to internal cloud (GAIA) related to the ETL process
- Experienced SQL Developer
- Ablility to write, debug and troubleshoot SQL objects like stored procedure, views and functions.
- Create necessary index to enhance query performance in sql server
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- AWS background or willing to learn AWS