Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Applications Support Specialist - Macro CCEM (FX & Commodities )
Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. You'll work collaboratively in teams on a wide range of projects based on your primary area of focus: design or programming. While learning to fix application and data issues as they arise, you'll also gain exposure to software development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and improvement, in addition to production lifecycle methodologies and risk guidelines. Finally, you'll have the opportunity to develop professionally —and to grow your career in any direction you choose.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Production support and Problem solving – Primary role is problem solving, application and infrastructure support for FX and Commodities business. It requires you to be a quick learner with good troubleshooting skills.
- Basic development and debugging skills – Debug production issues by digging into the application code (mostly Python), Writing support helpers and ad-hoc scripts, Reduce manual toil by automating the daily functions.
- Capacity and Resiliency – Plan, manage, monitor and optimize the production related infrastructure (Linux hosts, Distributed computing, IBM MQ, Database systems, Network etc.) related capacity and resiliency management
- Collaboration – Role implies extensive collaboration with the developers, business users and global production management teams. It requires you to be an effective communicator and a team player.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant industry experience doing production support or application developement, preferably in finance domain
- Basic knowledge of application development. Working knowledge in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Quick thinker, problem solver and a fast learner.
- Exposure to monitoring and capacity management tools (Geneos, Splunk)
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of trading systems and applications
What do we do?
The CCEM (Commodities, Currencies & Emerging Markets) Production Management team is a DevOps modelled application support team responsible for the production support and stability & resiliency of the global CCEM applications. We are a truly global team of 30 members with the presence in AMER, EMEA and APAC and we use follow-the-Sun model. JP Morgan is one of the top investment bank in the CCEM business globally.
This job requires a decent mix of technology and business knowledge and provides a great learning opportunity in both areas for everyone. Our team is fairly technical as everyone is empowered to access and fix the application software (code and configuration) and develop tools, APIs and helpers for higher productivity. We deal with front office trading applications, risk management systems, pricing engines, client STP flow, middle office booking flow and various forms of complex infrastructure including distributed computing (CBB).