Senior UX Designer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
You combine exceptional craft in working through the details of a visual design with good problem-solving and communication skills. You are a master with Figma and you can draw quick wireframes to communicate ideas.
You are at your best when collaborating with other designers, researchers, product managers, and developers to create designs that marry the best of user, business + technology thinking.
You are detail oriented. You empathize and advocate for the user. Sound like you? Great, read on for what is involved.
What is your typical day?
- Collaborate with project teams comprised of business and technology stakeholders at all levels
- Create wireframes, UI design, and prototypes using modern design tools
- Share your work with designers, developers, and stakeholders across multiple teams
- Participate n user research and partnering with internal researchers
- Provide solutions for applications that aggregate data from multiple sources
- Collaborate with other UX designers and researchers offering advice and constructive feedback on design/usability review
- Write, speak and present information effectively and confidently in a variety of communication/corporate settings
What do you need to bring to be considered?
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction/Interface Design, Graphic Design, Technology Communications
- Previous in depth experience as a designer for enterprise software, responsive web applications, mobile apps, and defining in-house style guides & documenting standards
- Experience with modern design tools – Figma, Sketch, Invision, or equivalent
- A balance of creativity, productivity + a passion for elegant, simple, emotionally rich design
- Excellent communication, listening, and negotiation skills with clients and senior executives
- Strong understanding and commitment to usability and user-centered design principles/methods; including experience in a variety of usability evaluation techniques such as usability testing, contextual interviews, and heuristic evaluations
- Strong understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA, Zoomtext)
- Experience across multiple teams and release cycles working closely with design, product management + development to realize experiences using agile project management
- A11y knowledge/experience