EMEA Prime Services Client Facing Middle Office Analyst - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This is a entry level client facing role that requires extensive client interaction & communication together with working with various global internal teams as required. The candidate will be expected to hone and utilize their technical and communication skills to effectively drive client change. The role also includes ensuring that all aspects of transaction management are completed on time, exceptions are resolved and provide subject matter expertise to the hedge fund clients.
Understanding the client experience is critical to delivering change in this role. Utilizing technology to increase client efficiency is key. This is often achieved by employing data analytical solutions to enhance the client experience and reduce the operational burden on the team. It’s expected that the individual is able to work through tasks of varying difficulty with external and internal stakeholders and resolve in a timely and efficient manner.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Perform root cause analysis for their respective clients to increase STP and reduce client inquiries. The resolution of these queries will often be achieved using analytical tools
- Establish and maintain relationships with high profile hedge fund clients through regular dialogue/meetings in order to comply with the “Ease of doing business” initiatives.
- Accountable for end to end transaction management lifecycle for their respective client coverage. This includes trade capture, settlement exceptions and cash management.
- Deliver on the change agenda by partnering with the technology/strategy team do deliver system enhancements
- Work as part of the global team performing follow the sun hand offs to ensure a smooth global coverage for global clients.
- Partner with technology strategy team to help identify internal and external facing technology improvement opportunities.
- High level of client service focus
- Understanding of the control agenda in order to be able to prioritize and escalated risk issues on a timely basis
- Provide operations subject matter expertise to clients where required.
- Strong time management skills required to meet the internal and external deadlines/cutoffs
- Strong business knowledge is preferred/Added advantage of Prime Brokerage.
- Strong knowledge of Synthetic Prime and Equities
- Excellent grasp and understanding of trade lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and adept at communicating with all levels of the business and technical parts of the organization
- Knowledge of Global markets and settlement practices
- Operate effectively in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines, and can prioritize one’s own work to achieve them
- Strong computing skills an advantage in a fast paced and dynamic workplace that encourages integrating with new technologies to eliminate manual processes