Python Software Engineer - Athena Investor Services
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Who we are
The Asset Manager Platform organization within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB)’s Securities Services group is a newly formed business offering best-in-class digital solutions for our institutional client base across financial products and investment lifecycles. Our mission is to develop top-tier client-facing analytical services and enable our clients to achieve their business goals by extending J.P. Morgan’s capabilities and expertise as the leader in financial services into the digital space.
As a developer in the Investor Services OTC Derivatives AD team, the successful applicant will join a leading entrepreneurial and collegial team within the Asset Manager Platform business that is responsible for the development of innovative pricing, risk and trade management tools across all asset classes and financial instruments.
This is an exciting position for a talented and energetic engineer who thrives on new challenges, possesses true entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys working in a fast-paced, client-facing environment.
- Work on some of the most complex problems imaginable at the intersection of two dynamic industries: finance and technology
- Be part of a new business initiative within JPM that will create a significant revenue stream for the firm and influence the commercialization and go-to-market strategy of the service
- Partner closely with our clients (asset managers, hedge funds, investment advisors, investment banks) to understand their needs in order to shape the product roadmap
- Interact with other high-performing teams within JPM to inspire innovation and champion change throughout the bank
- Work closely with our User eXperience and product development colleagues to deliver high quality software and amazing user experiences
This is a technical role, and the candidate will be helping to drive the design of our components and actively contributing to the development of features. Experience in analysis/design, Agile methodologies, application and SDK development, optimization and performance tuning – plus working with Product Managers, UX, Sales, Trading, Quantitative Research, Strategy as well as internal and external clients is beneficial. The working environment is competitive and demanding but one where creativity and problem solving skills are rewarded. The candidate will be responsible for modelling, designing, developing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting functional and non-functional product capabilities and client service related features and ensuring the quality of the resultant product by enhancing scalability, supportability and test coverage.
This role requires a wide variety of experience and capabilities, including:
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Python or another object oriented programming language with track record of delivering industrial quality systems
- Experience with modern software engineering practices: code review, test-driven development, continuous integration, agile methodologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Dedication to team effort – “whatever it takes” multi-tasking and perseverance with cross-functional partner
- Quick learner with strong attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Demonstrable experience in the following:
- Complex financial systems
- Distributed systems
- Cloud computing
- Web applications
- Intellectual passion for digital transformation/innovation and application of technology in the financial services industry
- Passion for user-centric design and creating amazing user experiences