Senior Cybersecurity Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a Senior Cybersecurity Business Intelligence Analyst for Cybersecurity Operations, you will implement risk management best practices by implementing risk indicators, KRIs, and KPIs to assess our security posture against external and insider threats and as well as the performance of our controls. You will be analyzing data and building visualizations around security risk indicators. You will present trends and patterns to our business partners and identify response actions to help drive risk reduction.
As a Senior Cybersecurity Business Intelligence Analyst for Cybersecurity Operational Excellence, you will be responsible for creating reports in collaboration with the management team. As such, you will be responsible for developing reporting to address efficiency, control effectiveness, quality assurance, monitoring risk, resource management and other metrics and KPIs directly related to the day-to-day operations of the team.
The Senior Cybersecurity Business Intelligence Analyst role focuses on visualization and report automation, to design and implement the best data reporting practices and drive Quality Assurance across Cybersecurity Operations, leading to Cybersecurity maturity.
- Working in partnership with the Cybersecurity Operations management team and their teams to define key reporting requirements
- Define and deliver weekly reporting, including metrics and KPIs and significant case summaries
- Design and implement analytical techniques and processes aimed at proactively measuring business risks and control issues
- Collect, aggregate, and analyze data to evaluate process improvement opportunities and drive business decision-making
- Creatively use data from both internal and external sources to conduct accurate and actionable data analyses in a timely fashion
- Perform data analyses as needed using various statistical/predictive modeling, machine learning and text mining techniques
- Anticipate, prioritize and quickly advance key projects
- Analyze business processes and identifying areas for improvement
- Comply with JPMC procedures and apply best-in-class QA practices to ensure the quality of data, models and outputs
- Identify and diagnose analytical model performance issues, and implement improvement strategies
- Stay abreast of new tools and technologies to enable and enhance innovative analytics initiatives
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience with one or more visualization and report automation Business Intelligence tools such as QlikView/Qlik Sense (required), Splunk, Tableau, PowerBI, Business Objects or Cognos.
- Experience in data integration and data modelling through extracting, transforming, and loading (ETL) data from various sources required.
- Experience in dashboard UI design and best practices.
- Experience following Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Strong SQL skills for data extraction and preparation using relational databases, such as Oracle and SQLServer required.
- Experience with statistical analysis/modeling tools such as SAS, R and/or SPSS Modeler preferred.
- Scripting knowledge in Unix and/or Windows platforms preferred but not required.
- Experience with the dashboard/reporting functionality of Splunk a plus but not required.
- Proficiency in MS Excel / VBA programming a plus but not required.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong focus on service, quality, and delivery with flexibility to multi-task in order to meet deadlines .
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Good verbal/written and inter-personal skills.
- Experience with operational risk analytics in the banking industry is preferred .
- Experience managing confidential data with the utmost discretion.
Your expertise in cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity team. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.