Chief of Staff - Global Finance Technology
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Chief of Staff, Global Finance Technology
Global Finance Technology is a part of the Finance, Risk, Data and Controls (FRDC) organization responsible for delivering and supporting an industry-leading technology solutions supporting the Office of the CFO and part of Global Technology.
The Chief of Staff and Strategy Team manages the day-to-day business operations and strategic programs needed to shape the foundational structure that enables Global Finance Technology to deliver world class products. In this role, you will be partnering with our Leadership team, Product Owners and Technologists around the world to create and manage best in class strategic programs. These programs and workstreams will be focused on executive communications, data driven organizational decision making, perfecting processes and tooling, steering senior level governance programs, and supporting diverse cultural initiatives.
You will be a highly motivated individual with technology experience, effective communication and analytical skills, experience with interacting with and presenting to senior leaders, and the critical ability of developing relationships across all seniority levels and any lines of business or corporate function.
As Chief of Staff (COS), what are you responsible for?
- Managing day to day operational strategies and optimizing existing team processes
- Develop an enterprise level view of technology and business processes
- Demonstrate critical thinking, creativity, communication skills, and project management experience to inspire impactful change across our organizational teams
- Prepare and deliver data-driven recommendations and supporting materials to support executive and key stakeholder decisions
- Collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders to develop and implement initiatives to drive program/process optimization and organizational efficiency
- Run high priority organizational and global initiatives across cross-functional teams
- Program manage critical strategic initiatives identified by the Global Finance leadership team
- Champion globally inclusive cultural initiatives focused on promoting Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
What skills do you need to bring to the role?
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience (technical background preferred)
- Experience in program/project/technology management, consulting, operations, or a combination of these
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate and work with senior leaders
- Experience taking complex and ambiguous information and refining it into meaningful content and clear action plans
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to identifying trends, patterns, and root cause analysis using a diverse toolkit to address the root cause
- Ability to establish and build strong relationships and partnerships across cross-functional teams
- Ability to influence, organize, and direct people across various seniorities, teams, and departments
- Commitment to diversity, ethical, accountable, and transparent leadership
- Desire to take on increasing management responsibility and project/program ownership
Working on the latest technologies, with a focus on open source, there will be many opportunities for training, certifications, and close partnership with senior management and product teams. You will have the ability within Global Finance Technology to shape your own career and create the best practices.