Applications Support - iSeries(AS400), RPG, MQ Series, GMI - Associate
Job Type: Full time
This is a production support role in Bournemouth responsible for iSeries (AS400) Applications Support for a wide range of businesses in EMEA, including Cleared Derivatives, Collateral Management, Credit Exposure Control, Fixed Income Securities and Commercial Loans. The role includes the involvement in frontline support, incident management, root cause analysis, productivity improvements and providing support during change management cycle/rotational weekend support.Description for Internal Candidates
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important Corporations, Governments and Financial Institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
Business Engagement and Incident Management
- Work closely with technology teams, business desks, exchanges and vendors to provide daily support to various Investment Banking functions by promptly resolving production requests and issues under a highly pressured environment
- Take ownership in issues and manage them in a timely manner to ensure minimum disruption to internal and external clients
- Identify, communicate, diagnose, and resolve functional and technical incidents
- Proactively record and track actions from system incidents to ensure root cause remediation and recurrence prevention
- Participate in support rota to ensure adequate business support coverage during core hours and weekend (rota basis) as part of a global team with a follow-the-sun support model
Change Management and Subject Matter Expert
- Work closely with business stake holders and application developers to plan, review and execute application change releases into production environment
- Conduct regular stability review with application owners and act as a regional subject matter expert for assigned applications
- Take lead on application improvement initiatives including Monitoring, Stability, Resiliency and Capacity
- Develop and utilize appropriate tools to improve operational efficiency and actively participate in a DevOps environment
- Proven working experience in iSeries development and/or production support environment with strong knowledge of OS400, CL, RPG, ILE, MQ Series, SQL
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to confidently and clearly communicate at various levels
- Excellent communication skills in managing production incidents
- Good time management skills and the ability to schedule workload
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on time
- Solid working experience in large Financial / Banking Applications
- Proactive, adaptive and independent with proven capability to lead a project initiative
- Experience of vendor products GMI, ROBOT and Aldon
- Strong knowledge in Futures and Options products and their clearing processes
- Knowledge in Unix/Linux environment
Minimum – A Bachelor Degree in technology discipline
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.