Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is expanding its consumer business by launching a new digital bank in the UK. We are working to build a best-in-class Financial Crime (FinCrime) Operations function in Edinburgh as we embark on this exciting chapter in the continued growth of our UK business.
Part of the FinCrime Operations Team, the Demographics team acts as a referral point for requests for information (RFI) from Client List Screening and Sanctions Transaction Screening firm-wide utilities. The team is responsible for reviewing and responding to the firmwide utilities in order to disposition alerts on Negative Media, PEP, Sanction, Internal List Screening and Sanctions Payments.
The Demographics Analyst will be responsible for the timely review of Chase UK Banking customers identified as potential matches for negative media, PEP or Sanctions hits. The reviews require the Demographics Analyst to critically analyse alerts raised by our screening team in order to identify if the hit can be dispositioned based on information acquired from internal systems and open source information – this can also include providing risk based decisions in order to disposition hits. The role also includes customer outreach to obtain information from our customer's in order to obtain information from our prospective customers to make the right decision on each alert.
- Key Responsibilities
- Critically analyse alerts raised by the Client List Screening team in order to identify if the hit can be dispositioned based on information acquired from internal systems and open source information or if customer contact is required.
- Assessment of information collated from investigation and provide a Risk Base Decision on the data.
- Manage own caseload, ensuring prioritisation and timely execution.
- Assist with change management for by sharing process improvements and best practice amongst the team.
- Customer outreach to support our valued customers through their onboarding journey and progress their application in a professional and compassionate way.
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders, proactively build and maintain relationships across the firm.
- Review and assessment of Sanction Payment alerts to establish if customer contact is required and providing an outcome to the Sanctions team.
- Attending frequent knowledge sharing and calibration calls with other areas of Chase UK to ensure that the customer journey is progressing within SLA.
- 2-3 years Banking/Financial experience - UK Banking KYC/FinCrime experience preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrate an Independent decision-making ability, and strong analytical skills
- Use own judgement – knowing when to escalate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity on how to draft strong, concise and robust reports
- A proven track record of using open source research in order to build a concise narrative
- Maintains a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize/multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadline