LOB Escalations Specialist
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is expanding its consumer business by launching a new digital bank in the UK. We are working to build a best-in-class Financial Crime (FinCrime) Operations function in Edinburgh as we embark on this exciting chapter in the continued growth of our UK business.
The LOB Escalations Team is responsible for; assessment of escalations raised by various teams for review; decision making on if the rationale for an offboarding/retain recommendation is acceptable and provide an outcome; identification of red flags to assess whether the case requires escalation to the committee; completion of follow up actions on the back of an exit decision; managing the relationship review journey and ensuring we remain compliant within our SLA's.
The LOB Escalations Specialist will be responsible for the timely review of Chase UK Banking customers who have been escalated into the team for a relationship review due to financial crime concerns or negative media association. An important facet of this role will be managing internal stakeholder relationships both with peers and senior leadership, this will include providing candid feedback to colleagues on their escalations.
- Key Responsibilities
- Critically analyse relationship review cases raised by internal stakeholders in order to identify if they can be decisioned or require escalation to the LOB Committee.
- Assessment of information collated from various sources and provide a clear and articulate summary recommendation to the Team Lead on the outcome of the review.
- Manage own caseload, ensuring prioritisation and timely execution.
- Preparation of Escalation Committee presentations with clear and concise narratives tailored to senior audiences.
- Assist with change management for by sharing process improvements and best practice amongst the team.
- Being a key contact for the business and conducting outreach if the information provided by the business is lacking key information.
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders, proactively build and maintain relationships across the firm.
- Managing the end-to-end process of the relationship review journey to ensure we comply with SLAs.
- Providing candid feedback to the business to ensure that the follow up actions are worked within a reasonable timeframe.
- Attending frequent knowledge sharing and calibration calls with other areas of Chase UK to ensure that the customer journey is progressing within SLA.
- 3-4 years Banking/Financial industries experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience of working within a relationship Review/AML or KYC Environment – strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in a KYC role or role that requires research, problem solving skills and critical thinking as well as an understanding of KYC/AML risks and red flags.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong stakeholder management and experienced in managing upwards.
- Proven ability to identify, analyse, plan, prioritise and solve problems by providing solutions with the ability to drive change.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity, resilient with a growth mind-set and an exceptional attention to detail.
- Be a multitasker with the ability to prioritise – you can connect and maintain engagement with stakeholders, whilst researching and resolving issues
- Strong time management skills while working under pressure to fixed deadlines.
- Demonstrate an Independent decision-making ability, and strong analytical skills in order to draft, clear and concise reports.
- Have a positive attitude and desire to work in a high pressure role with a passion to learn and self-develop.
- Experience of working within a digital bank and Microsoft Office – preferred.