2023 Software Engineer Program - Tech Connect - Full-time - Bournemouth, Glasgow & London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
When you join JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution; you’re an important part of one of the world’s biggest technology companies. Across our global technology centers, our team of more than 50,000 technologists design, build, deploy and run everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning and cloud development.
Our $11 billion annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world. Through this commitment, you’ll be part of ground-breaking solutions and partnerships with FinTech and other technology companies committed to bringing new products and services to our clients.
What You Can Expect
Tech Connect is designed for individuals from all different backgrounds and experiences, who do not have formal computer science / Software engineereducation, but have the drive and desire to become successful Software Engineers.
Launching your career through Tech Connect means you will:
- Join a full-time, multi-week Java training program to build your coding knowledge and skills, and prepare for your transition to our full-time two-year Software Engineer Program.
- Receive specialized technical training and one-on-one coaching from our team of expert developers and support from managers, senior leaders, and your program management teams.
- Work with colleagues to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our customers, clients and employees.
- Create and improve the design, analytics, coding and testing for high-quality software and new products.
- Own projects, keeping teams and stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed.
- Participate in our Force for Good program to develop tech-based solutions for social good organizations while learning new skills and collaborating with JPMorgan Chase tech experts.
Locations you may join in the United Kingdom:
You will only be considered for your first choice location preference, so please just select one.
We’re looking for people with a passion for technology, who are curious and want to continually learn and improve our products and services.
We’re committed to hiring diverse candidates from all different backgrounds and experiences. We’re looking to help those underrepresented in technology gain the right skills to join our team. We have identified that this underrepresented group includes female, LGBT, Black, Asian and other ethnic minority candidates as well as candidates with disabilities. However, please note that all applications will be considered on merit. Our multi-week intensive Java training will start your career in technology. If you have a passion for innovation, technology and financial services, this program will help you develop into an industry-leading professional. Because we’re looking for those with fresh perspectives, your ideas and experiences will be valued from the beginning.
- A demonstrated interest in building coding skills and pursuing a career in software engineering
- A well-rounded academic background is important — a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in your undergraduate degree is preferred
- You should have graduated and be available to start on the Tech Connect Program in July 2023
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Exceptional problem solving ability
- Quick learner with logical-thinking skills
27 November, 2022
At JPMorgan Chase, we are creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career.
We value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of the UK Government’s Disability Confident Scheme.
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your CV. Your application and CV is a way for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
You’ll receive an email invitation to complete a coding challenge powered by HackerRank. This is your opportunity to further bring your CV to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
HackerRank is required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed this. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete these required elements as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled. It should take no longer than 60-90 minutes to complete.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.