2023 Design Development Program - Full-time - London (September Start)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Design Development Program (DDP) is for entry-level user experience professionals with educational training (design degree or bootcamp certificate). Participants will be part of dynamic teams that aim to help Individuals, Institutional Clients or Employees effectively leverage financial services.
What we are looking for
JP Morgan Chase is looking for highly motivated Product Designers to design useful, usable, and desirable products for our customers, clients and employees. Financial management tools should demonstrate the same care and craft as consumer software, designed with contemporary user- and human-centered practices.
Product Designers focus on ideation, interaction design, prototyping, and delivery of final designs. They also find opportunities to participate throughout user-centered design processes, and so should have a desire to continually broaden and improve their skills.
Product Designers are part of multi-disciplinary teams, which include experience researchers, content designers, service designers, and customer experience measurement analysts, and are committed to designing the future of banking.
What we offer
In this two-year program, you will gain a solid understanding of our customers, products, services and strategies. You’ll do meaningful work identifying new business opportunities, building stronger customer and employee experiences, or enhancing our risk and controls framework.
You will be provided:
- The opportunity to dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that make a difference for our customers, clients, and employees.
- The autonomy to own projects end-to-end, keeping teams and stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed.
- The ability to work and share ideas, information and innovation with our team of designers.
- Ongoing development through training, mentorship and access to senior leaders.
You’ll begin with an orientation at one of our main offices. Over the course of the program, you’ll have access to professional and leadership development training, networking, business deep dives and one-on-one mentorship.
After successfully completing the full-time program, highly-motivated Analysts have the opportunity to move into full time Associate positions.
What You’ll Do
- Design and re-design product experiences under the guidance and direction of Experience Leads
- In partnership with UX Researchers and Lead Designers, participate in user research to better understand user needs and behaviors, and usability testing to see how your solutions work for users
- Ideation and prototyping to explore different options, landing on elegant, and even unexpected, solutions that satisfy requirements
- Diagram the interactivity of the product, including user flows and wireframes
- Detailed design, built upon our Design System, that brings our solutions to life
- Begin incorporating Accessibility and Inclusive Design practices
- Present work, and articulate design decisions, to Design Leads and your specific Product Team
Our Desired Profile
- Degree in relevant design discipline (e.g, Interaction Design, HCI, User Experience Design) or a Degree in a related field (e.g., Business Administration, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Engineering, etc.) or certification from a bootcamp or similar accelerated learning program
- Follows through on commitments, executing quality work within expected time frames
- Awareness of, and some experience with, user-centered design approaches
- Demonstrated proficiency in Interaction Design, as well as Visual/UI Design or Information Architecture
- Early development in adjacent skills such as User Research, UX Writing, and Prototyping
- Developing understanding of Accessibility Guidelines and Inclusive Design practices
- Foundational communication and presentation skills, including articulating the rationale behind design decisions within their team
- A digital portfolio demonstrating an ability to think from the perspective of the user
27 November, 2022