2023 AI Research Associate Program -Off- Cycle Internship (London)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan AI Research has assembled a team of experts in many fields of AI. They pursue primary research in areas related to our research pillars as well as concrete problems related to financial services. They partner with internal teams to accelerate the adoption of AI within the firm. They also work with leading academic faculty around the world on areas of mutual interest.
The team is headquartered in New York and present in London and the Bay Area. Conducting AI research in financial services offers unique and exciting opportunities for impact -- as a member of this highly visible team, you will have the opportunity to realize significant impact not only within J.P. Morgan but also to the broader AI community.
As a Research Scientist on the team, you will conduct end-to-end research typically within a specialized focus area. You will work on multiple research projects in collaboration with internal and external researchers and with applied engineering teams.
You will be integral to all aspects of the research lifecycle such as formulating problems, gathering data, generating hypotheses, developing models and algorithms, conducting experiments, synthesizing results, building prototype applications and communicating the significance of your research.
Your output will result in high-impact business applications, open source software, patents and/or publications in AI/ML conferences and journals. As a member of the AI research community, you will also have the opportunity to participate in relevant top-tier academic conferences to broaden the impact of your contributions.
- PhD in Computer Science (especially AI/ML), Statistics, Engineering or related fields
- Research publications in prominent AI/ML venues; e.g., conferences, journals
- Strong expertise in one or more specialized areas; e.g., deep learning (DL), Reinforcement learning (RL), Explainable AI (XAI), planning, information representation and retrieval, graphs, multiagent systems (MAS), natural language processing (NLP)
- Practical experience with ML platforms such as Tensorflow/Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Comfort with rapid prototyping and disciplined software development processes
- Practical software engineering experience in collaborative project settings
- Extensive programming skills in Python, Java or C++
- Proficient understanding of fundamental AI and ML techniques; e.g., A*, regularization
- Practical experience with statistical data analysis and experimental design
- Curiosity, creativity, resourcefulness and a collaborative spirit
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams with diverse backgrounds
- Interest in problems related to the financial services domain (specific past experience in the domain is not required)
27 November, 2022
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
We will review internship applications as they are received and extend offers on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage that you apply early as programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
©2022 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran