Senior Software Engineer - API Platform
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Due to ongoing investment and expansion at our award-winning Technology Centre, we have a number of new opportunities available for talented developers. Located in the heart of Glasgow city centre, our Glasgow Technology Centre is one of two strategic, pure technology hubs globally at JP Morgan. Our opportunities offer the chance to work on interesting challenges and projects, with what are truly cutting-edge technologies.
Good quality, easy to use, well documented REST and GraphQL APIs are essential part of every modern software platform. We are renovating the firm's platform for building, validating, testing, deploying and marketing APIs and we need developers to help build the next generation of public cloud-based microservices and developer tools, leveraging open-source and agile delivery methods. You will be building for our huge internal market of over 40000 technologists, and for developers outside the firm, who use our existing https://developer.chase.com and https://developer.jpmorgan.com sites to find, try out and onboard to our API based services. Products owned by the team include the public internet marketplaces, automated CI/CD pipelines for API deployment, plugins for Maven and IntelliJ to help developers build better APIs, REST and GraphQL standards, automated customer onboarding and a catalogue of APIs to promote reuse internally and external customer adoption.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, results-orientated technologist with a drive to provide a first class customer experience, whilst promoting engineering best practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment - one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The role involves:
- Being a part of an Agile team responsible for the development and support of our API Platform, providing a robust catalogue for API products for both internal and external consumers.
- Being responsible for supporting frictionless API publishing for API producers and ease of discovery and adoption for API consumers.
- Leveraging your ability to collaborate across high performing teams, in order to deliver practical solutions with business value, aligned to our target state technology stack.
Interested? Here is what we are looking for:
- Excellent core Java skills.
- Experience in software engineering skills such as test-driven development and continuous delivery.
- Software architecture experience.
- Drive to be a technical leader in an agile team with broad impact across the firm.
Nice to haves/let us support your upskilling:
- Key technologies used in the team are Java, Moneta Boot, REST, Jenkins, OAuth, X509, HTML5, Node.js, Kubernetes.
- Experience of AWS cloud services.
- AWS cloud certification