Equity Derivatives Risk & PnL - Business Analyst/Project Manager (VP)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Equities Risk & PnL Technology Team looks after Equities Front Office Risk Management Systems globally, providing the business capabilities to manage intraday risk, overnight risk & pnl for positions.
Equities Technology is undergoing a big transformation to migrate their current stack to Athena inorder to support business expansion & create a cross market platform.
We are building a new Equities Risk & PnL platform - Synergy, leaveraging our previous expierence of building best on the street platform. Extensive analysis of challenging business problems, efficient & transparent project management of a complex technical eco-system are vital to the success of overall Strategy.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Equity Derivatives Expert with experience in Risk Management.
Someone who is passionate about getting involved in building capabilities in the new strategic platform.
Someone who can help guide and co-ordinate various stream of work associated with building of new risk platform.
Work on a greenfield project to help build Equity derivatives products from front to back in the new system from booking, lifecycling, risk management, pnl for those products.
Risk & pnl is an integration space, so you will get to learn things from front to back and understands how best in class platforms are built.
Interact & work with high performing teams involved in building the next generation platform.
What will you do?
- Working with Equity Derivatives trading to prioritize and understand the business asks.
- The ability to build consensus amongst a wide range of partners including business owners, technology, operations, and product control
- Producing highly detailed functional specification documentation, aligned with the system functional architecture
- Ensuring consistent product functionality across the system architecture and regions.
- On-boarding new products to the system, adding feature enhancements, integrating with other systems to provide front-to-back solution.
- Prioritizes the features Backlog with Product Owners, Trading & Middle Office Leads.
- Collaborate with multiple streams to ensure the requirements are clear and well understood, track the dependencies.
- Identify & communicate risk and impacts and propose risk mitigation options, considering business implications of the technology to the current business environment
- Working with development teams to ensure the requirements & priorities are clear.
- Defines all steps and dependencies for the next product increment and iteration.
- Inspects and evaluates progress of the functional delivery at each increment and iteration.
- Insulates the team from distraction, such as new scope, during the current product increment and iteration.
- Runs regular PWG with stakeholders and key partners to provide regular updates on the progress of the projects.
- Working closely with developers and testers who are located in multiple geographic locations
- Testing and validating the features before pushing out to Production.
What is required?
- Extensive experience in Business Analysis & dealing with trader’s requests.
- Strong derivatives product knowledge with experience in risk management.
- Experience in working with multiple streams across organizational boundaries.
- Well organized, a strong communicator and familiar with delivering in an agile environment.
- Proven project management skills with ability to plan, priortise and deliver technology solutions.
- Effective at managing senior business and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and influence across key stakeholders and partners.
- Strategic thinker and visionary with strong problem-solving skills
- Be able to work in high pressure environment.