CIB - Market Risk Coverage - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Market Risk Management is an independent risk group, reporting to the firm’s Chief Risk Officer (CRO), which identifies, measures, monitors and controls the financial risks related to movements in market prices. The organization serves as the key interface for discussing risk issues on a respective trading portfolio with the trading desks.
CIB Market Risk performs the following primary functions:
- Quantification of the risk of a potential loss of value in assets and liabilities due to changes in market variables, e.g. interest rates, equity and commodity prices.
- Ongoing monitoring and control of a business unit’s exposure to market risk through risk limits.
- Performance of stress testing and qualitative risk assessments of a business unit’s trading portfolio.
- Facilitation of efficient risk-return decisions.
- Regular dialogue with the trading businesses with respect to risk appetite, risk limits and individual large and complex transactions.
As a vital member of the Market Risk Organization, responsibilities & opportunities will include:
- You will be working in a cutting edge Risk Organization, utilizing a wide variety of trading analysis tools to monitor risk exposures and understand the factors that drive the profits and loss affecting the trading portfolio.
- You will be following the global financial markets, focusing on price movements and events affecting the trading portfolio, with the goal of highlighting top risks with the trading business and the Market Risk management team.
- You will develop a deep understanding of the wide-ranging suite of financial products traded by JP Morgan and the key risks associated with them.
- You will be challenged to be innovative in looking for threats and weaknesses in the risk profile and expected to be pro-active in bringing these to the attention of the trading business and the Market Risk management team.
- You will perform scenario analysis and stress testing, Conduct ad-hoc and regular risk analysis as well deep dives into various risk themes, and communicate findings
- Strong academic background with a minimum Bachelor’s Degree. JPMorgan recruits from all academic disciplines.
- Team player and future leader with exceptional drive, creativity and interpersonal skills.
- Lateral thinker, tenacious, commitment to getting things done and detail focused.
- Ability to form constructive professional relationships with a wide variety of teams in the firm.
- Strong interest in an intellectually stimulating career within the Finance Industry.
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite along with excellent written and spoken communication skills.