CIB - EMEA Rates Product Control – Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Our Product Control team is responsible for providing support to the trading desks to ensure that the profit and loss, balance sheet, and month end close procedures are done accurately.
The role entails independent, accurate and timely analysis of daily P&L and Risk for the Rates trading desk. The successful candidate will have extensive interaction with the Front Office trading desk, Market Risk and wider support functions team and will be required to have strong communication skills, be self-motivated and able to work independently without material supervision. The role also provides an excellent opportunity to learn and gain an in-depth understanding of Interest Rate trading strategies and risk management techniques via exposure to one of the highest ranked Rates trading desk in Europe. The Rates business trades a wide range of interest rate products such as Bonds, Repo, Interest Rate Swaps and FX forwards across various curves and tenors within multiple European markets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily reviewing and reporting of P&L and Risk
- Validating and understanding daily P&L explains, entailing review of Volcker attributions, first order & higher order explains and residual amounts.
- Identifying, designing and implementing new controls and processes around the P&L production to drive efficiencies and to keep up to date with Global Product Control standards
- Participating in a wide range of on-going and new projects ensuring the needs and requirements of Product Control are met
- Providing daily/weekly/monthly P&L commentaries to senior management, explaining P&L in terms of desk's risk position, strategy and economic factors
- Liaising with Financial Control to investigate and remedy cash flow breaks and review of the FX balances
- Partner with the business to drive forth and implement robust controls and new business initiatives
- Drive coordination across various front & back office support functions to ensure resolution of control and reporting issues in an accurate and timely manner
- Work experience within Product Control, Financial Control, Accounting, or related area
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related area
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to challenge efficiency and drive forward on change and innovation of processes
- Excellent communication skills with ability to understand/explain complex concepts