Asset Servicing Analyst/ Associate
Job Type: Full time
Business Overview: Global Asset Servicing
The Global Broker Dealer Asset Servicing organisation provides centralised asset servicing solutions for multiple products, businesses and client segments across Prime Services, Equities and Fixed Income. Key services include the proactive management of Corporate Actions, Income, Taxation, Proxy Voting and Client Enquiries/Reporting.
Working with hubs in Asia Pacific and the Americas, the Broker Dealer Asset Servicing Team across Bournemouth and London is a dynamic organisation, providing a bench mark product to all CIB clients.
Team Description: Broker Dealer Asset Servicing EMEA
The Broker Dealer Asset Servicing EMEA team is responsible for all corporate actions and income events for all EMEA markets. This includes responsibility for the processing, confirming, settlement, reconciliation & control of cash equity trades on a daily basis across many international locations. The department is also responsible for the collection and payment of all global income across all securities types held by the firm and its Prime brokerage clients. The role offers staff the opportunity to work within Prime, Equity and Fixed income business lines and build up comprehensive product knowledge. We liaise closely with a large number of other groups across the firm, including trading desks, middle office and finance teams. This interaction enables employees to gain an insight into other operations and obtain a high level knowledge of the diverse range of the J.P. Morgan products.
- Reconciliation of income cash events across depot, repo and street claims
- Day to day running of controls including liaising with the key stakeholders across asset servicing and other post trade operations teams to ensure resolutions are actioned in a timely manner.
- Producing and providing MIS to asset serving management.
- Working closely with technology team to identify any systemic root courses and delivering enhancements to prevent reoccurrence.
- Developing and delivering automation of the controls and reconciliations.
- Training and support for Ops on any new processes through post implementation.
Your Background: These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Asset servicing knowledge and experience within an operations environment preferred
- Knowledge of the transaction / trade lifecycle
- You must be able to give comprehensive examples of your experience with large-scale project management within financial services.
- You will be able to give examples of your risk awareness and operational control experience within financial services.
- Adaptability is essential in order to learn the process quickly and efficiently
- You will be able to discuss you process improvement experience, where you clearly articulate ideas, concepts, procedural changes to internal colleagues and clients.
- You will be able to give examples of your reconciliation / problem solving skills and experiences
- You will have proven experience within an arena where accuracy is critical within strict deadlines.
- You will have proven communication skills, both written and verbal at all levels are necessary to meet the demands of the client base and to support management in an effective manner
- A flexible proactive attitude towards work is required, as the individual must adapt to the needs of the business