Cross Border Payments Operations Strategy – Program Lead ED Bournemouth / London
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients’ needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The team is responsible for identifying Cross Border payments end-to-end solutions focused on a client-centric approach to developing new solutions that address known and future client needs in addition to creating synergy opportunities for business growth readiness, creating consistency with client experience and in the operating model and identifying areas for technology investments. The team will transform current state processes and technology platforms by employing design principles to address identified pain points.
- Review the Cross Border Payments offering today
- Identify pain points and short term fixes
- Support the five core client segments
- Focus on strategic solutions
- Streamline interactions across teams and functions
- Provide visibility across business silos
Working in conjunction with relevant Product, Operations and Technology teams, the candidate will develop the Operations strategy, manage stakeholders and work with the delivery organization. The position requires someone who can take initiative and function successfully in a collaborative environment. Possessing strong analytic and communication skills, the candidate will need to deliver business solutions by understanding the client’s needs and working with the delivery organization to build solutions to meet them.
The successful applicant will:
- Define the vision and strategy
- Serve as senior program advocate in steering committees and other senior forums
- Ensure deliverables are tracked in line with due dates and stakeholder expectations
- Identify creative and timely solutions to key program challenges while motivating partner teams to complete critical tasks
- Track project progress and report effectively on status, blockers and changes. Accountable for creating, maintaining and communicating schedules, scorecards and plans
- Provide program and/or project management services including oversight, governance and communication
- Manage resourcing of projects and drive resource balancing between different program priorities
- Manage, analyze, track and escalate project risks, issues and dependencies as well as chair regular review meetings
- Leverage subject matter expertise in driving conversations and/or influencing decisions/direction with Business, Technology and functional partners
- Work collaboratively with team members across lines of business and cross functional teams
- Create concise high quality reports and visual presentations - organize complex information in a strategic and compelling way, demonstrating strong design acumen and expertise in Excel and PowerPoint technique
- Coordinate the collation, review and dissemination of key information – providing updates to multiple stakeholder groups
- Prepare metrics and scorecards for relevant monthly, quarterly and annual reviews
Required skills and qualifications:
- Proven product/project/program management
- 10+ years of Product development / delivery, business/corporate development, or strategy leadership experience within the financial services industry
- Strong communication/presentation skills (i.e. creating content) that can be consumed at all seniority levels
- Ability to manage broad range of stakeholders and priorities
- Ability to lead and influence without having positional authority in order to progress initiatives
- Ability to rapidly understand emerging technologies and business needs
- Ability to attract and manage talent, be a persuasive negotiator and thrive in a high intensity environment
- Passion for creatively solving problems and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to adeptly pivot opportunities based on new information and market forces
- Strong analytical / critical thinking and problem solving skills; able to develop and clearly present drawn conclusions & potential solutions with consideration to inherent risks
- Proven track record in strategic program development and execution
- Ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines, and quickly adjust to changing priorities
- Aptitude to think outside the box and balance strategic objectives with the need to make interim tactical choices in order to sustain progress
- Subject Matter Expertise across CIB or DPS/Payment Operations a plus
- Experience in building strong collaborative relationships - team player who works well with colleagues of all levels in achieving results, and willing to take personal accountability
- Strong skills in MS Office Suite
- Promotes an inclusive work environment, respects individuals at every level
- Highly organized, demonstrating concern for quality and accuracy and deadlines – attention to detail is paramount
- Displays good judgment, professional maturity and personal integrity and a strong work ethic