CIB - Operations CPCS WPO - Testing Associate - Bournemouth
Job Type: Full time
Cross Product Change Services
CPCS which sits inside the JPM Corporate and Investment Bank within Digital & Platform Services is a multi-disciplinary team of around 300 testing and change professionals located globally and working on some of the most complex, multi-year, critically important and strategic projects within the JPM Wholesale Payments Line of Business.
Provision of UAT Senior Analysis for the Whole Sale Payments LOB; in a cross business, cross functional project based environment. Flexibility to provide Testing experience on other LOB’s and support transformational Global initiatives within Cross Product Change Services.
- Requirements planning against an End-to-End UAT test strategy, including test data, environments, defect management and test automation.
- Responsibility for the provision of accurate testing estimates within daily scrum calls.
- Documentation and execution of UAT test scenarios – identifying specific scenarios and developing test scripts
- Utilisation of Cockpit, JPM’s in-house test automation tool to assist the efficient and timely E2E test execution, therefore previous experience of automated testing would be highly beneficial.
- Partner closely with Operations, Product and Technology groups
- Identifying opportunities to accelerate and synergise testing processes for assigned projects and syndicate the information to other team members to validate prior to implementation
- Taking responsibility for the monitoring and reporting of Testing defects and the re-testing process
- Deputising for the Test Execution Lead as necessary in Project calls and communications with relevant colleagues.
Functional and Technical Expertise
- Relevant testing experience within the Financial Services industry supporting multiple LOB’s delivering in a highly complex, pressurised and high volume environment.
- Expertise in Agile project delivery methodology and skills to learn and work with evolving methodologies
- Experienced in testing processes in order to define requirements, document user stories and test scripts through to test execution.
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision on day-to-day activities
- Strong organizational skills – ability to dynamically manage and oversee critical testing tasks accurately and to tight deadlines
- Functional knowledge of Wholesale Payments utilising SWIFT, BACS and Real-Time Payments
- Working knowledge of direct testing with Clearing Houses and Central Banks would be an advantage
Problem Solving and Analysis
- Highly skilled at problem solving, ability to scope and provide structure to complex issues and provide insightful and timely remediation.
- Superior attention to detail so that documentational / reporting errors can be prevented.
- Ability to identify areas of opportunity for process improvement and build out recommendation to proceed
- Advanced numeracy and Microsoft skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide clear and succinct verbal updates on their work to team members, colleagues, senior leads, executives and clients.
- Ability to liaise effectively between lines of business with empathy and understanding to achieve the common and strategic goal as a team
- Ability to use effective systemic data driven reporting to support program reporting
- Actively contributes to program updates, Pod and team meetings
Working Style and Influence
- Ability to handle multiple projects and project colleagues in order to meet stakeholder expectations
- Ability to build and nurture effective and lasting relationships with colleagues, team members and stakeholders across multiple business lines and global locations
- Ability to work collaboratively and with effective influencing skills to achieve positive outcomes
- Ability to understand own role and those of other team members and recognise at times the need for flexibility within roles to achieve the project and organisational objectives
- Able to work comfortably and confidently under pressure to achieve target deadlines
- Ability to work on a hands on basis and not limit oneself to only tracking and reporting milestones
- Confident to raise concerns with leadership team and support resolution
- Bachelor degree (with relevant experience) preferred
- Project / Agile methodology Qualification – preferred
- Worked in CIB business function ie; Global Markets, Middle Office, Wholesale Payments or Securities Services
- Proven and evidenced successful test team experience