Legal Entity Risk Management - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The EMEA Chief Risk Office function was established in 2013 to support the EMEA Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and facilitate cross risk deliverables and interactions in the EMEA region, including at the legal entity level. The team is responsible for risk governance, legal entity risk support, regulatory management and control management. This role is part of the EMEA LE Risk team, which reports to the EMEA Risk Governance & Strategy Lead, and works across the LE Risk areas of responsibility. Primary responsibilities will be to support the implementation and maintenance of the LE risk framework in EMEA and coordinate LE cross-risk deliverables promoting consistent risk management practices; providing relevant support to LE Risk Managers (LERMS) and Chief Risk Officers.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of the Legal Entity Risk Framework (including Governance and LE solution implementation) and support the oversight of risks at legal entity level
- Support the production of regulatory deliverables such as ICAAP, Recovery Plan, Pillar 3 disclosures and Annual Accounts, coordinating and challenging the input from risk stripes owners.
- As part of the main regulatory deliverable, support the LERMs with LE risk identification and assessment as well as the LE Stress testing processes.
- Work with various risk stripes, and support functions across different locations and hierarchies
- Respond to ad-hoc queries from senior management, internal and external auditors and regulators
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters/MBA a plus
- Significant experience in financial services or related field (ideally Risk, Compliance, Audit, Controls or Finance)
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements such as ICAAP, Basel, CRD IV highly desirable
- Experience with, or knowledge of, implementing effective control environments especially in the Financial Services Industry
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively
- Outstanding ability to analyse problems with keen attention to detail; Inquisitive and proactive in identifying risks and solutions
- Proven track record and ability to deliver end to end solutions (previous project management experience is desirable)
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines; demonstrated ability to lead by influence and lead cross-functional teams