Private Cloud Platform Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
The Cloud Platform Engineering group is responsible for defining, developing, engineering and operating cloud products consumed by our Application Development Partners across the firm. Our Product Portfolio includes Private and Public Cloud Platforms and a wide range of services such as databases, messaging and telemetry.
As a senior cloud engineer, you will work as part of the private cloud platform engineering team in Glasgow. You will get a chance to be part of the team that architects, builds and operates one of the largest Cloud Foundry implementations in the world.
Our team defines, engineers, and operates modern platforms for application and service runtimes. This includes the Platforms such as Cloud Foundry & Kubernetes.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Define, develop, plan, and build on-demand computing for mission-critical use cases.
- Implement best practices and automation to improve the client experience when using Cloud platforms and services in the bank.
- Accelerate client adoption of cloud platforms and services through education, architectural consultations and guidance, along with owning and building strategic tools to enable application teams to transition and utilize cloud platforms effectively.
- Be part of the engineering team that engineer, build and maintain the private cloud offering.
All roles in our groups are expected to continuously collaborate across all cloud product offerings.
Attributes of Technologists in the Cloud Platform Engineering group
- Respect for people and opinions and the ability to confidently offer your point of view
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and diverse environment
- A drive to proactively build trust in order to cultivate long lasting relationships
- Optimism and adaptability when faced with challenges and complex situations, coupled with the drive to solve complex problems and continuously optimize processes
- Dedication to continuous improvement and development of your skillset and talents
- A strong personal identification with JPM’s values
This position requires experience with:
- Platform technologies such as Cloud Foundry (Open Source and VMWare), Kubernetes, AWS, or VCF
- Competency within Linux/UNIX environments, including scripting experience
- Infrastructure as code tools such as Hashicorp Terraform
- CI/CD - Automated application deployment and management technologies: - ideally Concourse and Jenkins
- System metrics and monitoring - ideally Prometheus and Grafana
- Programming languages including GoLang, Python or Java
- Database and messaging technologies such as MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, CockroachDB or Oracle
- Global financial services and regulatory compliance matters such as PCI Compliance or Cross geographic implications to application deployments
- Networking and Application security architectures such as internet facing applications
Minimum education and experience required:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field of study plus working experience in the position offered as an Application Developer, IT Consultant, Software Engineer, or related occupation.
What’s in it for you?
Besides being part of an amazing team, we thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver products to continually help our clients succeed. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities and achieving success that is mutual.
- Continued career advancement opportunities, including industry recognized certifications, such as AWS and CKAD
- Exposure to strong mentorship and leadership examples
- Professional and technical development programs
- Opportunities to be a valuable member of a close-knit, collaborative, diverse team that encourages networking
- Support Flexible Working Arrangement between home and office