Global Financial Crimes Compliance - EMEA AML Investigator Associate - Asset & Wealth Management
Job Type: Full time
Corporate – Compliance – Global Financial Crimes Compliance – AML Investigations – Associate (Bournemouth) - Asset & Wealth Management
This role is within our team responsible for investigating complex AML cases across various line of business. The team works in partnership with colleagues in US and Asia Compliance, EMEA in-country Compliance/GFCC teams and client-focused staff in the lines of business. The AML Investigations Team is primarily responsible for review of AML cases. These result from:
- Escalations from the strategic transaction monitoring systems
- Referrals from other sources such as the business, law enforcement or other financial institutions
- Proactive investigations arising from self-generated leads or Financial Intelligence Unit (“FIU”) initiatives
Taking your career to the next level as a Compliance Officer in AML Investigations means you will build on your previous experience and move into an independent role. The role requires a level of independent decision making and judgment. You will work effectively with minimal supervision to align yourself and the team with responsibilities outlined by the function.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including the ability to:
- Undertake client and company research using in-house databases and publicly available information to identify whether activity is unusual, and ultimately support the decision-making process regarding reporting to law enforcement.
- Escalate unusual activity and present cases to the weekly EMEA Financial Crimes Monitoring Committee (“FCMC”) meeting with relevant country Money Laundering Reporting Officers (“MLROs”).
- Draft Suspicious Activity Reports (“SARs”) for submission to law enforcement.
- Provide feedback and escalate issues identified from AML investigations into clients’ due diligence documentation and risk categorisation.
- Actively develop knowledge of criminal methods and AML typologies, applying these characteristics through interrogation of transaction data to identify unusual activity.
- Participate in proactive investigative projects in support of national, regional or global priorities and initiatives, including engagement with external partners.
- Develop subject matter expertise through knowledge, research and training, leading to new investigative approaches to uncover unusual activity.
- Share knowledge and experience through briefings, presentations and written products.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and enhanced reviews, including supporting regulatory enquiries and line of business Compliance.
Education and Experience
The following would be desirable:
- Strong academic background or work achievements
- Knowledge of and interest in one or more of:
- money laundering
- terrorist financing
- bribery and corruption
- novel and informal value transfer systems
- correspondent banking; securities trading; investment, pension and hedge funds; currency exchange and transaction settlement
- market manipulation and market abuse
- Investigative skills and an analytical mind-set, including proven problem solving ability
- Experience in Anti-Money Laundering, the finance industry, financial regulation, law enforcement or intelligence analysis
- Demonstrated skills in risk assessment, including the ability to make sound decisions, including escalation when appropriate, in regard to ML/TF risk
The candidate must possess:
- Initiative and judgement
- The ability to prioritise conflicting demands, organise one's agenda and work under pressure
- The relationship management skills to deal with management and build partnerships with other departments
- The ability to work in teams and the readiness to share knowledge
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel, particularly experience in handling large volumes of quantitative data
- previous experience in Asset & Wealth Management is beneficial
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
The Global Financial Crimes Compliance (“GFCC Compliance”) Anti Money Laundering (“AML”) Investigations Team is responsible for the monitoring, identification, investigation and reporting of suspicious transactions. The Team must complete their analysis and disposition of AML alerts for all EMEA booked activities in a timely manner, so as to support decision making in regard of filing Suspicious Activity Reports to law enforcement. They perform an assessment of alerts for potential Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing or Sanctions related activity based on system and manually sourced alerts, consistent with global and local standards.
Employees at the Bournemouth Corporate Centre provide a wide range of support for the firm's day-to-day, global business activities. More than 4,000 professionals, representing many of the firm's functional groups, work at this campus. Having so many employees together on a single campus means that teams here collaborate, innovate and generously share their time — with one another and our local community. It also means we're able to offer robust training, development and internal mobility opportunities. The firm has invested in creating a world-class Corporate Centre in Bournemouth with refurbished high performance workplaces, state-of-the-art technology and collaboration tools, and the type of facilities our employees need and deserve. It's a first-class environment, where people take great pride in the important work they do for the company.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a Compliance organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to launch your career? Apply today
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer disability/veteran