Securities Services - Custody Product Development – Positions and Settlements - Associate
Job Type: Full time
About JPMorgan's Global Custody Business:
With over 80 years of expertise, JPMorgan is one of the largest and most prestigious Global Custody and Clearing organizations in the world. JPMorgan's Global Custody and Clearing solutions are acknowledged as market leading - solution innovation and service excellence are the cornerstones of success. Global Custody and Clearing clients include more than 2,000 of the largest and most prestigious corporations and financial services firms in the world, including Banks, Endowments and Foundations, Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds, Insurance Companies, Investment Managers, Mutual Funds, and Pension Funds. The Global Custody and Clearing businesses are active in more than 100 markets and work with clients to meet the challenges of cross-border investing and to promote global standards for efficiency and risk management.
This position, within the Product Development team, will be based in Bournemouth, is aligned to Cross Security Services Asset Record (XSSAR) project within the ‘Positions and Settlements’ team.
The Asset Record is a real time positioning system being implemented as the strategic bookkeeping source across the CIB and is one of five Executive Sponsored initiatives in Security Service.
The successful candidate will primarily focus on driving adoption of the Asset Record, creating a consolidated source for cash and securities positions, in Securities Services. Advancing our strategic platform agenda to help close product gaps and rapidly adapt to business and regulatory change.
The role has a primary focus on Custody, while also coordinating across the wider Security Services organization to encourage swift adoption of the platforms and any required changes to operating models.
- Work with a wider group of stake holders to drive adoption of the strategic position keeper - Asset Record.
- Identify and document requirements for milestones and builds in BRD and User Story formats.
- Review Internal and External reconciliations to effectively triage issues and partner with Operations and Technology to deliver a solution.
- Work across Product, Operations and Technology to ensure timely delivery on key milestones.
- Ensure all program materials and tracking are kept update to date across multiple formats.
- Effective and timely escalation of any issues to Prod Dev management.
- Contribute to weekly Project Working Group sessions to ensure effective collaboration.
The candidate with significant experience in a Product Management, Product Development, or Operations directly within Securities Services or similar environment.
Ideally the candidate will have previous Project Management or Business Analyst experience.
- Drive data analysis: ability to work with large volumes of data and conversion into a reportable format.
- Strong Organisational skills, able to work across multiple small projects and keep track of all moving parts.
- Skills in Business Information tools like Alteryx and Tableau would be advantageous.
- Fluent in MS Office: Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio skills would be preferable.
- Initiative: Be able to move initiatives forward in a cross-functional and matrixed organisational model.
- Strong communication: Ability to articulate complex ideas and analytics in a succinct way.
- Self-Directed: Be an independent contributor who is comfortable working in a self-directed mode on multiple assignments