Java Software Engineering - Corporate Broking Tech - Senior Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Cazenove is a leading financial advisor on transactions in the UK as well as internationally. Clients value our ability to combine impartial advice with effective solutions as well as our extensive relationships with institutional shareholders, which have been built up over many years. The Corporate Finance division offers a full range of investment banking services to companies in the UK including M&A, equity capital markets, debt capital markets, corporate broking, balance sheet management and investor relations. We play an important role as part of the boardroom advisory team on all matters affecting the company’s development and growth. Specifically, we seek to establish a long-term advisory relationship with clients, advising on any planned strategic moves such as mergers, acquisitions and disposals and developing and executing appropriate financial solutions. Our financial advisory activities include advice on equity issuance, balance sheet restructuring, returns of capital and valuations.
Working closely with Investment Banking stakeholders, The Corporate Broking Technology team is looking to recruit an experienced Software Engineer based in London to lead the charge on several Corporate Broking Technology initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess following skill set.
- Design and hands-on development of Spring Boot Micro-services/Spring JPA/Spring Security modules.
- Peer reviewing of code by developers.
- Experience working on Oracle database involving complex join queries.
- Integrating between services using Queue Frameworks like Apache Kafka.
- Cloud deployments using Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Good understanding of CI/CD processes, unit/integration testing frameworks.
- (Advantage) Experience working with AWS.
- (Advantage) HTML development with ReactJs & Redux Framework.
- Hands on experience from an Agile driven software/product development team.
- Strong "can do" attitude.
- A team player as well as being comfortable with working independently.
- Able to deliver against tight software development deadline in at times pressurized environment.
- A self-starter who can collaborate across teams such as Banking Technology, Markets Technology, Data Science, and Market Data.
- (Advantage) Investment Banking or UK Corporate Broking experience.