Markets Technology Business Manager - Senior Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Finance and Business Management (F&BM) group works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
We are seeking a Business Manager at the Senior Associate Level to support the Markets Technology group. This is a full time role within the Markets Technology Finance & Business Management organization based in London, reporting to the Global Credit & Securitized Products Technology Business Management Lead.
Business Management optimizes business performance by helping to drive key initiatives. We act as trusted advisors to Business/Group Heads, and are responsible for identifying, escalating, and mitigating business risks.
The primary function of this role is to work closely with the Markets Technology Chief Business Technologists and their management teams to formulate and execute overall strategy across a broad range of areas, as described below.
It will involve regular interaction with key partners across Technology, Finance, Front Office Business, Portfolio Governance, HR and Vendor Management.
- Responsible for end-to-end support within the Markets Technology Business Management team for financial reporting, workforce management, efficiency and productivity tracking, expense management, strategy and month-end activities
- Diligent tracking of joiners, leavers, roles to be hired, promotions, junior talent pipeline and organizational moves
- Expense and headcount data validation and reconciliations, updates in forecasting tool, and maintenance of reference data
- Deliver high quality reporting to senior management and governance committees to support decision making, including talent management, delivery prioritization, trend analysis etc.
- Partner with Markets Technology Finance management to use standard financial reporting to track forecast/actuals versus plan and articulate variance drivers across the portfolio to stakeholders
- Investigate expense allocations charged to various businesses on regular basis and handle ad-hoc queries from stakeholders
- Manage forecast updates within forecasting tool on weekly basis, reflecting financial risks and opportunities, and support with annual budgeting exercise
- Partner with Finance on planned transfers and track transfers to completion
- Support with billing keys maintenance and track billing key methodologies
- Time-booking support, including ensuring compliance within Technology teams, assisting with time-booking queries, and providing quality MI to track completion
- Drive automation of processes within the Business Management function
Successful candidates should have at least 5 years’ experience in Business Management, Project Management Office (PMO), Project Management, Financial Analyst and / or strategy roles, preferably within Financial Services, Professional Services or a Technology organization. We are a lean and agile team and look for people who thrive in this working environment. The successful candidate should also possess the following attributes:
- High degree of attention to detail and data accuracy, and understands importance of data validation and high quality output
- Strong analytical skills with experience in collating, analyzing, and synthesizing data from multiple sources
- Strong work ethic, self-starter who is creative with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having tenacity to drive solutions through to a conclusion with high degree of independence
- Excellent interpersonal skills to cultivate positive working relationships and outcomes with global stakeholders and team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High-level of proficiency in MS-Office products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio) and demonstrable experience in producing high quality PowerPoint presentations and Excel views
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high pressured work environment
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation at appropriate junctures
- Strong initiative, strategic mindset, entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking
- Quick learner
- Highly motivated with excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Inquisitive nature and will by default spot and investigate breaks to identify route cause
- Excellent quantitative and analytical problem solving skills – as well as written and verbal communication
- Displays a high level of professional maturity and personal integrity, able to receive and act upon feedback